Menu

Latina Christina 1 DVD

Dolphin

How long is each lesson on the DVD?

Does anyone here use the DVD's with teaching? How does it work, how much time does it take? Do your kids like it?

I want to say upfront that this is just MY families opinion on this dvd.

My dc refuse to watch this dvd. The lessons take way too long due to the instructors slow talking and ... well here is a thread that may help you. http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196473

I am using the curriculum without the dvd. It has been alright but if I had the money I would replace it with something that had a dvd my dc would actually be able to watch without falling asleep and something more fun.

Hope that helps.

How long is each lesson on the DVD?

Does anyone here use the DVD's with teaching? How does it work, how much time does it take? Do your kids like it?

I can't tell you how long a lesson takes because I don't think I ever timed them. I will say they seemed to take an eternity. :tongue_smilie:

I did use them with teaching at first but they drove my dd insane. The lady begins or ends every sentence with "ummmmm" and my dd found it so distracting. She actually paused the DVD in the middle of writing down her notes and exclaimed that it was the 25th time the lady has said "ummmm" in that lesson and she was wondering why the lady talked like that. :001_huh: The "ummmmms" became a running joke for a while but in the end it was all too distracting and I dropped the DVDs and sold them.

I did get some good advice on these boards, which was to play the DVDs at double speed- the speech is still clear, the pauses less pronounced, and she gets to the point a whole lot faster. :lol: I never did do that because I jumped on a chance to sell my DVDs before I popped them in the player again but I can see how that would be fantastic advice. I did find they moved rather slowly and took more time than I would have liked.

As for how they worked, well, when I did use them, which was for the first several lessons, we would watch the DVD for that lesson on the first day of the week. I'd have dd write down some notes (would pause so she could do so) in her Latin notebook. I made sure she did the oral part with the DVD and responded to (or repeated) the teacher when necessary. Then she would sit and do the written portion of the lesson for the day.

HTH.