Menu

Any idea how to obtain a SAT code for your own "school"?

Wasn't sure how to word that question....

I have seen that some homeschool charter schools and correspondance schools have their own SAT code (to put on the test).

Eg MASON DIXON HOMESCHOOLERS ASSOCIATION INC 394286

I just found this small private one - Homeacre Christian Academy

HOMEACRE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (it has it's own SAT code that I just edited)

that has 13 students with 7 students per teacher. Sounds almost like a homeschool to me...

How many students does one have to have to qualify?

Thanks for any ideas,

Joan

Edited by Joan in Geneva

Thanks Nature. Actually though, I want to get my own code for my own school.

Kareni, on his second AP score sheet, it says Swiss homeschool. On the first AP report, he had forgotten to list the homeschool code and it showed the name of the school where he took the exam.

I want it to go with his transcript, so that it gives the name of our school as the school name. Somehow that makes it more official over here where they have little knowledge of homeschool. They do accept "self-studiers" (autodidact in French). But there is no code for that.

Joan

you have to have ten students to get your own SAT code.

I have a CEEB code from my state. I had to get one in order for my dc so the state would pay the tuition for dual enrollment (something public school and private school students alrealdy get, but only accredited homeschools can do). The CEEB code primarily allows me computer access to the education system so I can submit the classes to them I want paid for.

HTH.

Eg MASON DIXON HOMESCHOOLERS ASSOCIATION INC 394286

I just found this small private one - Homeacre Christian Academy

HOMEACRE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY (it has it's own SAT code that I just edited)

that has 13 students with 7 students per teacher. Sounds almost like a homeschool to me...

Just to clarify: It is probable that "Mason Dixon Homeschoolers" and "Homeacre Christian Academy" are not charter schools. Charter schools are public schools, even though some of them enroll exclusively students who are taught at home. There is a legal distinction between those students and homeschooled students; charter school enrollees are legally public school students.

I know it might seem as if I'm splitting hairs, but it is an important distinction. :-)

I understand why you want your own school SAT code. :-)

you have to have ten students to get your own SAT code.

I have a CEEB code from my state. I had to get one in order for my dc so the state would pay the tuition for dual enrollment (something public school and private school students alrealdy get' date=' but only accredited homeschools can do). The CEEB code primarily allows me computer access to the education system so I can submit the classes to them I want paid for.[/quote']

Thanks Bev. I was wondering if you had one.:001_smile: But if you need 10 students for the SAT, do they accept your CEEB code? (I thought I read somewhere they are the same code). And can the 10 students be of different ages (ie not all in high school)?

There is a legal distinction between those students and homeschooled students; charter school enrollees are legally public school students.

Thanks Ellie.

Joan

Since my state gave me the code for dual enrollment/computer purposes' date=' no, I don't use it for the SAT or ACT. I don't think they'd recognize it. I just use the homeschool code.[/quote']

Thanks Bev, I think I get it now. All the different states issue these and if the school applies to the College Board and has more than 10 students, then the College Board/SAT will recognize it?

Thanks,

Joan

Thanks Bev, I think I get it now. All the different states issue these and if the school applies to the College Board and has more than 10 students, then the College Board/SAT will recognize it?

Thanks,

Joan

I only know how my state dealt with the dual enrollment issue, not how other states deal with this issue. In Georgia, dual enrollment is paid for throught the lottery, a program called ACCEL. To have the state pay for my dd's dual enrollment, she had to be enrolled in an accredited program. I obtained accreditation for my homeschool three years ago. Last year the state's DOE abolished all paper applications and dual enrollment is handled strictly online. In order to access my state's DOE online site, they had to assign my school a CEEB (after I tried and failed to get one from the College Board). All classes my dd takes via dual enrollment have to be input into the computer using a special code for approval. If they are not approved classes, I have to pay out of pocket.

The application to the College Board for a school number is an entirely different animal.

... (after I tried and failed to get one from the College Board). All classes my dd takes via dual enrollment have to be input into the computer using a special code for approval. If they are not approved classes' date=' I have to pay out of pocket.

The application to the College Board for a school number is an entirely different animal.[/quote']

I see you have been doing lots of admin legwork!!!!

Do you have an easy to find link for the application process (I don't want to cause any searching stress)? I'm not quite in the same situation as you and may be able to do it. (That might be wishful thinking about being able to, just don't want to leave any stone unturned....)

Thanks Bev,

Joan

I see you have been doing lots of admin legwork!!!!

Do you have an easy to find link for the application process (I don't want to cause any searching stress)? I'm not quite in the same situation as you and may be able to do it. (That might be wishful thinking about being able to, just don't want to leave any stone unturned....)

Thanks Bev,

Joan

For the College Board app? No, I had to call them and they faxed it to me. Actually, it was the same for the GA DOE department, too. It's government, no easy links, that would make too much sense and God knows our gov't makes anything but sense these days.