Menu

Rosetta Stone--which level(s) to buy??

beaglemamma

I have a dd7 in 2nd grade, and we're adding in foreign language this year. I'm trying to choose between Rosetta Stone Latin America Spanish or The Learnables Spanish.

If I buy only the Level 1 package of Rosetta Stone, it's about $200. How long can I expect to use this before I need to purchase Level 2? Will Level 1 take me through elementary school, or will I need to add Level 2 to the mix in a year or two?

ANY answers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!! :001_smile:

I've always bought levels one and two together. DS started Italian in 2nd grade and worked it really well for about six months. We've since taken a break, but plan on getting back to it this year and much more seriously. I think how fast they go through it will depend a lot on how fast they grasp it and how quickly you go through the program.

I've always bought levels one and two together. DS started Italian in 2nd grade and worked it really well for about six months. We've since taken a break, but plan on getting back to it this year and much more seriously. I think how fast they go through it will depend a lot on how fast they grasp it and how quickly you go through the program.

Was he still on Level 1 at this point? If so, how much of it had he completed?

Thanks so much for your response! :001_smile:

We used the Learnables a few years ago, but it wasn't a good fit for us. I think I'm finally going to spend the money to try Rosetta Stone this year.

Any specific reason it didn't work for you? Were you using the computer version (I think that might be fairly new???) or the audio CD version?

It's tough to figure out what to buy when you can't try it out for yourself. I'm really relying on others' experiences to help me out. Thank you for taking the time to reply! :001_smile:

We started Rosetta (Latin American Spanish) with ds last year. We are only doing the computer work - nothing written. I've assigned the full work but he skips the writing on the computer.

He started in June 09 working about 30 min 2x a week (not counting breaks). He's getting close to finishing up Level 1. Since this June he's been working about 20 min 2x a week.

So I'd go with 2 levels (or more) rather than just one.

Get the homeschool version too :)

We started Rosetta (Latin American Spanish) with ds last year. We are only doing the computer work - nothing written. I've assigned the full work but he skips the writing on the computer.

He started in June 09 working about 30 min 2x a week (not counting breaks). He's getting close to finishing up Level 1. Since this June he's been working about 20 min 2x a week.

So I'd go with 2 levels (or more) rather than just one.

Get the homeschool version too :)

This is exactly the info I'm looking for! Anyone else??? :bigear: