Menu

I am starting to panic, my in-laws arrive Tuesday.

They are really great and I love them to pieces, but this will be the first visit since we decided to home school their grandson. They are both from England, so this is another thing their nutty American daughter in law has come up with. My FIL was the hear of the Math Department at the local Grammar School. I just really want them to be on board.

So here is the panic, I want to get our school space just perfect so they will be wowed. I have been met with such negativity from most places since we have decided to home school, I just want them to be on board. If our family gets it, it will help me ignore the other negative noise out there.

I am putting a copy of The Well Trained Mind in their room, so I am hoping that Susan will help a little. I spent a week with my mom and I got her on board. She went from being dead against it to saying that if the resources that are available now were available to her she might have home schooled me.

Sorry, just needed to have a panic. Thanks for reading.

You could point out that most American Public Schools leave something to be desired (which is true in my area, don't know about yours) and homeschooling indicates that you indeed share their concern regarding educating your children.

Edited by Liz CA