Menu

Burgers, Fries and a Statin, Please

I am so utterly sick to death of people capitalizing on the ignorance of other people (at the cost of lives or quality of lives) I could just puke.

Researchers Propose Statin With Fast Food

I really worry about the future my kids are going to have to endure. I can only hope I get it right when it comes to teaching them how to weed out the crap and make a logical decision.

Wow. I hope that was proposed as a publicity stunt (and yes, I did read the article) and nothing more. How completely ludicrous! Yikes.

I certainly hope so - but how desperate does a company have to be? :001_huh: I thought the fast food industry was thriving.

I heard a nurse say once that statins should be added to the water supply. Yikes!!! What about the side effects some people suffer? I can make my own decisions, thank you very much!:glare:

That is absolutely frightening! It's amazing how some health care providers treat everyone as if we are too stupid to make our own decisions. I think the statement was a publicity stunt but I'm sure there are some people who think it is a wonderful idea. Yeah, I certainly want McDonald's employees handing out prescription medication. :001_huh:

What?

Let's pass out this drug with cheeseburgers, the morning after pill along with a dose of penicillin at bars and night clubs and some Valium to moms as they walk out of the day care after dropping off the kids.

Lets not forget the Meridia to all us overweight people when we are checking out at the grocery store. :glare:

A magic pill that makes eating fast food healthy... no they didn't say that but do you really think people will eat less of that stuff? Nope they are going to eat more thinking it isn't as bad for them now that they have a pill to take with it.

My take? Just another way to try to control the population count.

I'd quit eating out ever if they did this.

Let's hope the restaurants are smarter than government (might not be that far of a stretch! :D) and protest having to do this.

Ridiculous...

I can see the lawsuit now: "McDonald's customer sues chain after adverse reaction to statin drugs."

I'm so tired of government and special interest groups trying to control and legislate what are (and should remain) individual choices. Yes, not everyone will make the choices that are best for them. Yes, providing information to support better choices is a good thing. But this crosses the line by a long shot...

"best safety profiles of any medication," with side effects - such as complications in the liver and kidneys - reported in between one in 1,000 and one in 10,000 people.
This makes me sick. Statins damage the liver. It is okay if the damage is minimal enough to not show up on reports though right?

I am so utterly sick to death of people capitalizing on the ignorance of other people (at the cost of lives or quality of lives) I could just puke.

Researchers Propose Statin With Fast Food

I really worry about the future my kids are going to have to endure. I can only hope I get it right when it comes to teaching them how to weed out the crap and make a logical decision.

Oh people know, but they want an easy fix. It is lack of self-denial, not ignorance, that is being capitalized. Of the competent population, I estimate about only 1 in 10 makes significant lifestyle changes even with regular counseling and a threatening disease. One said to me "I'd rather die than change the way I eat".

Besides, a good part of what people "propose" is just part of our human nature to ululate.