Menu

new to LL8...could use some guidance!

sadiegirl

We are new to LL8...in fact, we are new to using any sort of Lit. program.

My question is this for those of you who have or are using LL8. I took a look at Week 1 suggested schedule in TM and I am wondering how long on each day this is going to take to accomplish what is recommended....not to mention the workbook pages in the back of book! How much time do you allot for this subject and do you go by the TM schedule or what? I am feeling a little overwhelmed and that's not good on day 1!

maybe I should also add that we are giving Analytical Grammar a try this year as well as Vocabulary from Classical Roots.

My question for those of you that may be using this is this...how often do you do each of these. I am counting these for my English I and I don't know whether to attempt to do all 3-Grammar, Vocab and the LL8 each day of the week. LL8 has so much to do that I am wondering how long you take per book or poem?

We are new to LL8...in fact, we are new to using any sort of Lit. program.

My question is this for those of you who have or are using LL8. I took a look at Week 1 suggested schedule in TM and I am wondering how long on each day this is going to take to accomplish what is recommended....not to mention the workbook pages in the back of book! How much time do you allot for this subject and do you go by the TM schedule or what? I am feeling a little overwhelmed and that's not good on day 1!

I generally scheduled the workbook pages so that ds completed the "lesson" pages (reading about and workbook pages) on the first day after completing the reading of the book. The mini-lesson (reading about and completing the workbook pages) would go on day 2. The next days, he would work for 45min-1hr on the remaining workbook pages until they were completed (we did skip the puzzles). Finally, he would complete one of the writing assignments.

LL is generous in the amount of time they give to read the book, unless you have a particularly slow reader. I had no problem at all following their schedule, and like the pp, we could take a few days of a break between books because we were generally ahead of schedule.

maybe I should also add that we are giving Analytical Grammar a try this year as well as Vocabulary from Classical Roots.

My question for those of you that may be using this is this...how often do you do each of these. I am counting these for my English I and I don't know whether to attempt to do all 3-Grammar, Vocab and the LL8 each day of the week. LL8 has so much to do that I am wondering how long you take per book or poem?

Are you attempting to complete Analytical Grammar in its entirety in 1 year?

We used AG in 6th-7th-8th along with Write Shop in 6th-7th-8th and Megawords in 5th-8th. We also used LL7 in 7th and LL8 in 8th. We generally worked on AG 1st semester and WS/Megawords 2nd semester. It was no problem to add in LL7/8.

Edited by Sue in St Pete

• 3 years later...