Menu

Computer setting to limit non-internet time?

Is there a setting on my computer that will allow me to create a login and set a daily time limit for non-internet computer time?

Net Nanny has been great for the internet. But they finally figured out it doesn't limit their computer game time.

No flames, there are 4 computer geeks here and I'm chasing an 18 month old and a 3 yo these days. Ultimately the goal is for them to self-regulate. Right now I'll settle for creating an appetite for other activities during the hours when they can't use the computer.

PC or Mac?

Windows has built-in parent controls that do this. Whoever has administrative rights on the computer must set up an account for each other user and then indicate what kind of account it is. For a child's account you can set what times are allowed. Just this morning my 11yo discovered he couldn't log in as usual because my husband cut him off for a few days.

Start Menu > Control Panel > Parental Controls

It's all password protected so do the obvious and change yours (as administrator) often and keep it hidden or just in your head.

PC or Mac?

Windows has built-in parent controls that do this. Whoever has administrative rights on the computer must set up an account for each other user and then indicate what kind of account it is. For a child's account you can set what times are allowed. Just this morning my 11yo discovered he couldn't log in as usual because my husband cut him off for a few days.

Start Menu > Control Panel > Parental Controls

It's all password protected so do the obvious and change yours (as administrator) often and keep it hidden or just in your head.

The kids are still on a pc.