Menu

Is this a reasonable price for Gymnastics?

I was thinking of putting both of my younger kids into gymnastics in the fall.

My 9 year old would go into the "advanced beginner class," which is 1 1/2 hours (from 4:30-6:00 PM) once a week.

My 4 year old would go into the "beginner" class, which is a 1 hour (from 4:30-5:30 PM, then he'd just hang out with me for the last half hour while we waited for his sister).

Her class would cost $58.00 a month. His class would cost $40.00 a month. So $98.00 a month for the two of them.

Plus a $35.00 registration fee for each of them, payable once per year.

Would you consider that reasonable/average?

I think it depends on where you live, the size of the gym, and the local interest. I would LOVE to pay those prices, personally. Our yearly registration is something like $70 (or more) and then $45/6 week sessions for 45 min classes (goes up from there). We are finishing saving up for the baby :D :glare: before we can save up for gymnastics for another year for my two girls...

Guest Cindie2dds

That's about what we are going to pay, although the registration fee is lower here. We are going two days a week each at 45 minutes a lesson.

Yes. Our gym charges $55 a month for one, 1 hour class. There is a slight discount for siblings and for each additional class. For both girls to go twice a week, we pay $195. There is a yearly enrollment fee of $30-40 for the first child and $10 for siblings. A few levels up, it switches to their competitive team-- that's charged completely differently.

Those prices are on the low side. I paid more when my daughter started a few years ago. If you choose gymnastics, be aware that if they show talent and drive they may end up on the competitive team. If I had known then what I know now, I'm not sure I would have ever started. What we pay in gymnastics now is a mortgage payment. :confused:

I was thinking of putting both of my younger kids into gymnastics in the fall.

My 9 year old would go into the "advanced beginner class," which is 1 1/2 hours (from 4:30-6:00 PM) once a week.

My 4 year old would go into the "beginner" class, which is a 1 hour (from 4:30-5:30 PM, then he'd just hang out with me for the last half hour while we waited for his sister).

Her class would cost $58.00 a month. His class would cost $40.00 a month. So $98.00 a month for the two of them.

Plus a $35.00 registration fee for each of them, payable once per year.

Would you consider that reasonable/average?

I work in the office at a gymnastics facility. Our prices just went up to $68 for a 1 hour class once a week for a 4 week month with a $40 annual fee. Teams, as someone else mentioned, are charged differently. So, assuming it is a decently well equipped gym with good coaching, that is a good price. Have fun!

That sounds comparable to here. I was paying $60/mo for each of my dds who were both level 3/4. We switched to ballet last year (same amount of time per week) and my cost went down from $120/mo to $70/mo. My girls are loving ballet and it's a great studio with lots of home schoolers. Wish we had switched sooner!

My kids do non-competitive gymnastics. Lessons are $14.50 an hour, but we pay a bit less on average because of a small sibling discount and a somewhat larger discount for paying by the term instead of the month.

The price is reasonable, but I couldn't take the driving.

What do you mean? Having to go somewhere for a regular, weekly activity to begin with, you mean? The gymnastics place is about 15 minutes from my house. It would only be once a week because the kids would go on the same day and at the same time.

Anyway my husband did wince a little bit when I told him the price haha but then he admitted that no, he didn't think it was a totally unreasonable price, and said that if I wanted to sign them up and let them try it out and see if they like it well enough to want to continue, to go ahead.

By the way, I have a choice of class times. I was going to do 4:30-6:00 but now I'm thinking that will interfere with dinner too much. I'd rather eat beforehand, not have to first start thinking about dinner at 6:30 at night when the kids would be starving after class and I'd be more likely to be tired. I guess we'll do the 6:30-8:00 class instead!