Menu

bethanyniez- here's an example of my understanding

So- we need to go shopping this morning, so I told the boys to get dressed, brush teeth, wash faces, etc., while I was cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast. DS2 comes down in a few seconds, with clean clothes on, but not up there long enough to have brushed or washed. So, after I threatened to go check the toothbrush, he admitted to not having brushed the teeth and asked me to help him brush. I went upstairs, started getting the toothbrush ready, then stepped forward to start brushing his teeth. Suddenly, there was excruciating pain in the bottom of my foot. I stumbled forward, knocking DS2 into the bathtub. When I realized that I had stepped on a superhero figurine that had blended in with the rug, I lost my mind. I started screaming that they don't take care of their toys and that I'm sick and tired of toys being all over the floor, and any toys that weren't in their room would be thrown away. I yanked DS2 kind-of roughly out of the tub. Both boys were crying and running in fear from me. :sad:

I've apologized, but also explained how painful stepping on small toys can be. I feel awful that I reacted that way, but they have forgiven me.

Oh, I can so relate. Except I stepped on a sharp dog bone that my dog left in the middle of the floor. It was so painful. I did this while I was in the process on getting on to her for chasing the cat. So I was already mad, this just sent me over the top. I gave that dog a piece of my mind and put her outside for a while. I had a knot and bruise come up on the bottom of my foot that lasted for about a week.

I have decided that homes with small children & homeschool homes altogether are a work space category that requires shoes on at all times.

It's just not work safe to be in this environment without protective footwear.

With some kids, protective eyewear is also recommended (someone taught my kids to do these little paper strip + elastic band slingshot thingies so there are projectiles flying).

Maybe a hazmat suit too?

And you know, hearing protection is wonderful. I blogged a long time ago that I use it when vacuuming & carpet cleaning but it's actually useful to put on when your kids are playing loud or being just plain annoying :D

Don't these look nice:

mp-22.jpg

They'd go with denim jumpers :lol:

Just implement some improved personal protection measures in your workplace & some of the aggravation will decrease. :D

I have decided that homes with small children & homeschool homes altogether are a work space category that requires shoes on at all times.

With some kids, protective eyewear is also recommended (someone taught my kids to do these little paper strip + elastic band slingshot thingies so there are projectiles flying).

Maybe a hazmat suit too?

And you know, hearing protection is wonderful. I blogged a long time ago that I use it when vacuuming & carpet cleaning but it's actually useful to put on when your kids are playing loud or being just plain annoying :D

Don't these look nice:

mp-22.jpg

Just implement some improved personal protection measures in your workplace & some of the aggravation will decrease. :D

Those would work well, especially in that padded room I have requested for myself...

Maybe a hazmat suit too?

Don't these look nice:

mp-22.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks! That makes me feel better!