Menu

Fill in the blank: In order to avoid planning for this school year, I have __________

..................spent an afternoon at Red Door Spa getting a fabulous haircut and wonderful spa treatments.;)

..................cleaned the house top to bottom, east to west.

.................made a concentrated effort to make sure the laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away every day.:hurray:

.................told myself that the prior school year was challenging (and that is putting it mildly) and I have earned every bit of this time off.

.................told myself that TIME OFF IS TIME OFF.

.................reminded myself that I have walked into classrooms with 16-20 students, a pile of curric on the teacher's desk, and with nothing more than a lesson plan (and in some cases not even that), the whole thing went off without a hitch.

...................told myself that today I would much prefer to bake and decorate cakes with my children and grand-children than leave everyone here with DD31 and sit at the library and complete my NOI.

.................played alot of WEBKINZ all the while telling myself that while I am playing, my brain is also working out the intricacies of the curric I will use this year. (I've become really become good at POLARBERRY JAM)

Edited by MariannNOVA

I had gallbladder surgery and then acquired a BLAZING uti. It didn't work though. DH was SO kind and brought the crates and books up to the bedroom for me. :glare:

Now, I'm sitting here procrastinating on facebook, farm town, and WTM instead of working in the classroom.

I had gallbladder surgery and then acquired a BLAZING uti. It didn't work though. DH was SO kind and brought the crates and books up to the bedroom for me. :glare:

Now, I'm sitting here procrastinating on facebook, farm town, and WTM instead of working in the classroom.

farm town? sounds dangerously interesting. Oops. Still here on this thread and not doing my planning.:tongue_smilie:

Guest Alte Veste Academy

...spent countless hours looking at houses for the move that may happen in one month or one year.

...taken about 15 books to Staples to have their binding removed and three hole punched (and they're holding them hostage! Slowpokes!!!).

...started re-reading every CM and inquiry science book I own.

...been on these boards waaaaay too much!

...suddenly moved our family from the home we rented for 8 years to a temporary rental that is already furnished because our landlady gave us 30 days to get out and 8 people accumulate a lot of CRAP and we couldn't find a permanent home!!!!!

Yeah, not much school prep has been going on here. :glare:

Put all the stuff I have been finding on the floors on the dining room table so I don't have room to spread out the books.

I have also taken my kids to the local science museum 4 times this week at their request since their uncle blessed us with a 1 year family pass. Once I return home I have been too tired to do anything more than my latest knitting projects (just dishcloths LOL).

...taken on way too many other projects. Big ones, like completely painting and redecorating my dd's room for her bday.

...welcomed guests into our home for the entire month of August.

I'm TIRED.

Now, I think I'd rather be school planning and weeding the garden, but it's too late. ;)

Cat

Sorry gals, but planning for the school year IS my fun, and I do it in order to procrastinate doing other things...like cooking, cleaning, filing bills and taxes and especially cleaning out the basement!

I actually ordered and received all my curriculum by the end of June, had it mostly planned by mid-July, and am just finalizing (filling in which pages/chapters to do each week in each subject on my planner).

The bad news is, I will soon be set for school, and the clutter will still be calling me...then I'll start cooking ;).

Sorry gals, but planning for the school year IS my fun, and I do it in order to procrastinate doing other things...like cooking, cleaning, filing bills and taxes and especially cleaning out the basement!

That was me until this past year. Now the planning is mentally taxing, and it's not as much fun. :glare:

since I posted this earlier...

...volunteered to cook a huge dinner for my in-laws tonight (it's done.)

...baked more bread (I think I've got our loaf for sandwiches down now.)

...posted a few more times.

...purchased HST+ and started trying to figure out how to use it (I guess that counts as planning for schoo.)

I DID get an hour of lesson planning for Health done! :001_smile:

....Read a YA book that I have been wanting to get my hands on.

....Baked two loaves of bread that while tasted great, were very ugly.

....Piled the laundry on the couch so that I can feel guilty about that instead of not planning

....Logged into WTM :)

ETS: Oh and not purchased all of our curriculm so I do not have the option to start the planning obssession. ;)

Edited by caitlinsmom

Guest Alte Veste Academy
.... pushed my start date back by 2 weeks. :blush:

Oh, good one! I pushed mine back two days because we were originally scheduled to start on our wedding anniversary. On second thought, no thanks for that!

I have rescued my books from the confines of Staples and picked up some really pretty magnets too. Now it's 4:30 in the afternoon, clearly too late in the day to get anything accomplished. Tomorrow perhaps...

...bought book cataloguing software and set about scanning all the books in or home library! Which was really fun until I started to realize just HOW MANY books we have (not to mention movies) and got overwhelmed. Now I have to find something to do to avoid scanning books. Alas...

Ooh, what is this and where did you get it. How does it work?

Otherwise I am like some one else here and would MUCH rather plan than clean and organize the house. I think planning is one of my favorite parts of homeschooling (its a sickness, I know):tongue_smilie: