Menu

Happy birthday, MariannNova.

I wish you some nice A/C and some good chocolate, maybe someone can bring it over in the hummer?:tongue_smilie:

Happy Birthday!:D

Excellent idea! And, with the a/c turned up to 2 or 3, I would be smart to pop a movie into the DVD player and hang out there all day!

Thanks for the good wishes!:)

Happy Birthday!!!!! How did the cake turn out? Pics???!!!

At 11:50 p.m. last night I noted that it was almost time to start this thread. My ADD must have taken me somewhere else. ;)

I hope you have a FANTASTIC day, and STAY COOL!!!

You are SO funny! Gosh, I wish I lived near you.

The cake will be today's project -- I think it's too hot for the pool, so dd11 has a bunch of stuff planned for the grand-daughters (painting bird houses, movies, etc) and I think we will have a go at this cake.

I WILL post pictures b/c this is a project that I cannot believe we are really going to do -- but it's better than anything else I can thnk of to do.

Yesterday, I was at Eliz Arden Red Door Spa (:D), and then I had to figure out what we would have for dinner as dd31 and her family were arriving right at dinner time.

.......and don't blame forgetting on the ADD -- I blame it on the LEMONADE!!!!!

You are SO funny! Gosh, I wish I lived near you.

The cake will be today's project -- I think it's too hot for the pool, so dd11 has a bunch of stuff planned for the grand-daughters (painting bird houses, movies, etc) and I think we will have a go at this cake.

I WILL post pictures b/c this is a project that I cannot believe we are really going to do -- but it's better than anything else I can thnk of to do.

Yesterday, I was at Eliz Arden Red Door Spa (:D), and then I had to figure out what we would have for dinner as dd31 and her family were arriving right at dinner time.

.......and don't blame forgetting on the ADD -- I blame it on the LEMONADE!!!!!

I wish we lived near each other, too!!!!

Lemonade? What lemonade? :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

You guys are SO nice!

I am going out now with my three to Incredible Edibles to buy a birthday cake. DD31 convinced DD11 that we do not want to spend the day with the ovens on baking cakes. Thankfully, DD11 agreed.

The kids are going to paint birdhouses and stuff - it is too hot to even be at the pool. And, though DD31 feels well (9weeks pg), I think she should be in the A/C'd house, with her feet up.

And......DD31 is going to convince DD30 that mom does not have to make dinner for everyone. Mom and dh will go out to dinner and then everyone can have cake and sing HB here when they get home. DD31 and her dh will take care of dinner for the five kids here.

I have 'something' to say to all of you -- besides the most heartfelt thanks for your good wishes -- and I will do that when I get back.

And, yes, I wish we all could go out together tomorrow night!:grouphug:

You guys are SO nice!

I am going out now with my three to Incredible Edibles to buy a birthday cake. DD31 convinced DD11 that we do not want to spend the day with the ovens on baking cakes. Thankfully, DD11 agreed. Yeah for no baking. Store bought can be yummy, too!

The kids are going to paint birdhouses and stuff - it is too hot to even be at the pool. And, though DD31 feels well (9weeks pg), I think she should be in the A/C'd house, with her feet up. You are such a mom!

And......DD31 is going to convince DD30 that mom does not have to make dinner for everyone. Mom and dh will go out to dinner and then everyone can have cake and sing HB here when they get home. DD31 and her dh will take care of dinner for the five kids here. Woohoo - alone time with DH!

I have 'something' to say to all of you -- besides the most heartfelt thanks for your good wishes -- and I will do that when I get back. Really? You leave us with that? Talk about adangling a carrot in front of us? Now I have to keep checking WTM all day.

And, yes, I wish we all could go out together tomorrow night!:grouphug:

:)

Tell him a Chocolate Martini............make that two chocolate martinis!:blink:

Thanks for the warning - I promise not to be startled when he walks up behind me!;)

Well, you all talked some sense into me.......dh and I are going out for dinner and we will all have birthday cake when we get home.

The kids and I went to Edible Incredibles or Incredible Edibles or something like that this afternoon and bought a small cake and some cupcakes that are the size of small cakes. :D

And, in my defense (and I shouldn't have to defend myself b/c it is MY birthday) I was only planning on making dinner b/c DD31 is here from NJ and they get down maybe 3 or 4 times a year so I thought it would be nice to have everyone here (the way we did at Easter), but everyone agreed that birthday cake will be great.

So, dh and I are on our way out..........and you guys have been so nice and kind with the well wishes and funnies.;)

Happy birthday!!!!!! If I knew how to post a picture, there'd be few of some nice drinks with umbrellas to cheer your birthday. A couple of a nice beach to relax you. And, a birthday cake!! And, of course a cabana boy to bring it all to you!!

Well, Jennifer, I have to say, it sure felt exactly the way you described! Thank you!:)

Happy Birthday! See you tomorrow! :party:

Yes, Yes, Yes! I just got everything firmed up with DD31 and the grand-daughters and they will definitely be staying over till Saturday so we are all set for tomorrow.

SO looking forward to it. I did not hear back from the group ticket person so I guess we will take our chances with tix at the door.

'If you keep on believing, The dream that you wish will come true' (I haven't stopped the Disney thing yet )

Happy birthday! Man, you even have the good taste to share the same birthday week! :party:

I don't cook on my birthday. No convincing required. Its like Mother's Day...Momma's turn to be taken care of for a change!

Thank you, Imp! And, yes, I did get out of cooking. In fact, when we arrived home from dinner, I sat down in THIS chair, and told dh he would have to get the birthday cake on the table and served. And he did.

BTW, 'when' IS/WAS your birthday. You can PM me.;)

Happy Birthday!!

And I second the "no cooking on your birthday" rule... Hope you have a fabulous day of being loved and pampered by your family! :D

Thank you so much! And, yes, I am happy to report that the 'you do not cook on your birthday' votes outnumbered all the other votes.

thank you again!:001_smile: