Menu

How does this sound for MOH vol. 2?

Daisy

I'm going to be using MOH volume 2 with a 3rd grader and 6th grader. This is my tentative schedule.

Day 1 - Pretest, Read lesson 1, memory card (summary, see box 1), timeline (1st figure). Activities will be completed as interested.

Day 2 - Lesson 2, memory card (copywork, see box 2), timeline (2nd figure)

Day 3 - Lesson 3, memory card (list facts or outline, see box 3), timeline (final figure)

Day 4 - Mapping, Supplemental books, any extra activities we want to do.

Day 5 - What did you miss? (post quiz)

Instead of actually doing memory cards and a large timeline, I'm thinking of setting up a notebook similar to how Heart of Dakota does their history. Here is a sample I made (ignore the horrible drawing) for what the first week would look like.

So what do you think?

MOHsamplentbk.jpg

post-109-13535083811974_thumb.jpg

post-109-13535083811974_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Daisy! You have inspired me to look at MOH for when that time comes with our girls (they're 3.5 and 5.5 now). Next year we plan to do a world geography study, then spend two years on American History. But after all that, we'll begin our chronological world history "cycle" and I haven't really looked at MOH much.

Not to hijack your thread (your chart is wonderful, I put EVERYTHING in a chart, my husband says), but what do you love about MOH? :bigear: We so much want to study history from a Biblical perspective.

I'm just starting it for the first time. What finally won me over was the fact that is combines world history, biblical history, and non euro-centric history. I was trying to pull all that together myself with SOTW vol. 2, History Lives (church history), and read-alouds. I knew SOTW was going to be too low for my 6th grader so I tried beefing it up. Then I went overboard. AGH, it was a mess. I didn't want a history that took over our day but I didn't want one that was too fluffy either.

Anyway, I just didn't feel at peace about my decision, so less than a week before we started school, I decided to really sit down and read the samples of MOH. I had looked at it plenty of time but could never get beyond its appearance. While the book isn't much to look at, it really contains the heart of what I'm looking for in history.

So I bought it. I'm excited to get started on it.

Edited by Daisy

I'm just starting it for the first time. What finally won me over was the fact that is combines world history, biblical history, and non euro-centric history. I was trying to pull all that together myself with SOTW vol. 2, History Lives (church history), and read-alouds. I knew SOTW was going to be too low for my 6th grader so I tried beefing it up. Then I went overboard. AGH, it was a mess. I didn't want a history that took over our day but I didn't want one that was too fluffy either.

Anyway, I just didn't feel at peace about my decision, so less than a week before we started school, I decided to really sit down and read the samples of MOH. I had looked at it plenty of time but could never get beyond its appearance. While the book isn't much to look at, it really contains the heart of what I'm looking for in history.

So I bought it. I'm excited to get started on it.

Great! Let us know in a few months how you like it! :D I wish more people actually USING a product would write mini-reviews here.

Patchfire linked me to this solely so I could ogle your handwriting. I'm all ashamed and stuff about mine now!

You both are silly. I wrote this out super fast just so I could show you the page. LOL. But yeah, I still nightmares about that Nazi teacher who slapped my hands for writing the wrong way in first grade.

You both are silly. I wrote this out super fast just so I could show you the page. LOL. But yeah, I still nightmares about that Nazi teacher who slapped my hands for writing the wrong way in first grade.

AHA....so this is what I have to do to get DD to write pretty :D