Menu

Is this good, you think? 7th grade

chris's girl

DD 12 is a smart kid, not mathy. She is probably going to go into some kind of artsy field, although I'm not sure what yet (she IS 12. lol). So this is what we're doing this year:

BJU Writing and Grammar 7

R&S Spelling 7 (about to finish 6)

Life of Fred Fractions, then on to Decimals

Apologia General Science

BJU World Studies 6 and 7

R&S Bible 6 (wanted her to start at the beginning of the story, so she's about 6 months behind grade level, but catching up)

Fallacy Detective

Art classes 2x a month (all that's offered)

Rummy Roots and a Greek book that's called "code" something (haven't started yet)

Lots of readers

What do you think? I admit to being a little....apprehensive about Junior High.

Looks like you have all bases covered :)

My son is mathy but we started Life of Fred a few weeks ago. He absolutely loves it. I even spent a rainy afternoon just reading the first book LOL. He is starting with Fractions and then Decimals. Because it is all review, he is moving quickly through the books. Our goal is to have PreAlgebra with Biology done this year.

You can do this...really :)

DD 12 is a smart kid' date=' not mathy. She is probably going to go into some kind of artsy field, although I'm not sure what yet (she IS 12. lol). So this is what we're doing this year:

BJU Writing and Grammar 7

R&S Spelling 7 (about to finish 6)

Life of Fred Fractions, then on to Decimals

Apologia General Science

BJU World Studies 6 and 7

R&S Bible 6 (wanted her to start at the beginning of the story, so she's about 6 months behind grade level, but catching up)

Fallacy Detective

Art classes 2x a month (all that's offered)

Rummy Roots and a Greek book that's called "code" something (haven't started yet)

Lots of readers

What do you think? I admit to being a little....apprehensive about Junior High.[/quote']

Does BJU have literary analysis in their writing & grammar program? I would recommend listening to SWB's lecture on literary analysis to help you understand lit studies at this age. Other than that your plan looks good.

in BJU 7 Writing and Grammar. It's in the 7th grade literature course. You could add Figuratively Speaking to the readers to cover it pretty painlessly.

Shannon

Thanks so much to both of you! :)

I do not know about the literary analysis. I am still waiting on her workbook. Are we talking about something like Progeny Press? I was planning on having her do that when I had her read The Bronze Bow.