Menu

Saxon users

I do not. I use MUS for my 3rd grader and tried that with my now 1st grader when she was in K and thought she needed something with more practice b/c things were not "clicking" for her. We just started with Saxon 1 for her. If she knows/ understands what is being taught easily, then I just skip. Practice is great but Saxon can overdo it IMO.

Do you do both sides of the worksheets per day or just one?

Depends. ;) Under normal circumstances we do 1 side of the worksheet. If a child has difficulty with the 1st side, I'll have them complete the second side. There's been a few instances where we needed to slow down the pace of Saxon. We did the lesson and side A on day one, the meeting and side B on day two.

Yes, both sides. It takes so little time, and it works really well for reinforcement. Saxon works best when used as designed. I had my daughter do the second side late in the day after school and playtime, so she had to think about it and wasn't simply repeating what she had just done. She loved getting another sticker on her worksheet. :)

She loved getting another sticker on her worksheet. :)

:iagree: I can't believe I forgot about the stickers! I use to let her pick them out at the store and then pick which ones to put on the worksheets when she was done. We had quite an assortment. Ah, I miss those days!

:iagree: I can't believe I forgot about the stickers! I use to let her pick them out at the store and then pick which ones to put on the worksheets when she was done. We had quite an assortment. Ah, I miss those days!

Yup, we've been using the stickers on his readers, and he gets a kick out of that. I think we'll try it with the math worksheets, too, doing them this way. Great idea! :)

We do both sides. Side A is done right after the lesson in the morning and Side B is done after nap/rest time in the afternoon. I bought some stamps and a red stamp pad and she loves to choose the stamp when she gets it all right. Sometimes she does better on Side B than Side A because she had some time to think about what she learned and was more relaxed.

Usually we do just 1 side. I always intend to have DD do both, but never follow up with it. Our day just gets busy and we have a hard time going back to a subject once we are done. I suppose I could have her do both sides during math time, but it seems so redundant after finishing side A. It does bother me though to see all of those undone pages.

Lesley