Menu

I've a very basic Miquon question, please...

madteaparty

Lab Sheet Annotations by Lore Rasmussen

Plus, the First Grade Diary. . . and there was one more, I think it was Notes to Teachers or something like that. These two are quite helpful to read once when you begin Miquon. . . If you can borrow them for a week or two, you can read them and won't likely need them again.

The Annotations book is needed forever (at least until you've taught all 6 books once or twice) as it is your instruction book/answer key. You only need it on occasion since many/most pages are self-explanatory, but it is helpful when you do need it.

I highly recommend getting the First Grade Diary and the Teacher's Notes too. The are inexpensive and express the heart of the heart of the program.

It seems that many try Miquon and don't like it b/c they have either not read all the teacher's materials or the Miquon style just doesn't fit their situation. It's important to get the full picture so you don't spend time in frustration in what should be a fun and fulfilling math. jmho.

Yes, you definitely need the TM for the first several pages. The other thing they recommend that I will mention is having a set of books that you work the problems in.

I'm just working the problems in the Lab Sheet Annotations. I am good at writing very small :)

I highly recommend getting the First Grade Diary and the Teacher's Notes too. The are inexpensive and express the heart of the heart of the program.

It seems that many try Miquon and don't like it b/c they have either not read all the teacher's materials or the Miquon style just doesn't fit their situation. It's important to get the full picture so you don't spend time in frustration in what should be a fun and fulfilling math. jmho.

:iagree:

I feel the same way. the Lab Annotations is a brilliant book, it serves as a parent/teachers guide to the lab-sheets in the Orange Book and other student work-books and beyond. There is much in their about how to teach the Laws of Mathematics in simply understood ways that include an element of "discovery" on the part of children,

But the additional books, (especially) the First Grade Diary and Notes to Teachers round out in practical and philosophical terms how to educate children in a joyous and enriching way.

These are very valuable works, and ones not to be missed. I think most of the parents who encountered Miquon and decided they "didn't get it" never read these two works. They are they ones that helps one "get" Miquon.

Then the Lab Annotations make sense as a valuable reference work and teacher resource on an on-going basis.

Bill