Menu

Eyebrow wax aftermath question...

I have chosen to have eyebrow wax treatments for about 5 years now. On Saturday, I went to high end salon for the first time and had my brows waxed. (We just moved here, and had to choose the salon based upon reputation alone.)

I've always had a moderate bit of redness after a treatment, which subsided within an hour (or less). It was more of an irritation. This time, I came home, and there were little patches of redness at the top of my lids, right under each of my brows. It is now Tuesday, and those patches are still reddish, but are now kind of scaly and tender to the touch. I remember thinking she was being quite aggressive when applying the strips over the wax. I don't think it's a wax burn (the wax was not too hot), but more of a bruise or abrasion.

What should I do? I think a call to the salon is a given, but what can I do to treat this delicate area and aid healing? I've been dabbing on pure jojoba oil as well as applying some Neosporin. Any other ideas?

Edited by BikeBookBread

I don't think there is much you can do but wait until it heals. You can probably keep it moist with something like vaseline or a natural moisturizer (that won't drip into your eye). That happened to me sometimes when I went to an aesthetician, especially when the wax went too low into the more delicate skin; it probably is bruised and the skin will scab like an abrasion. If you go back to her, be sure to tell her what happened this time so she's more careful about heading into tender, delicate skin territory.

:w00t: I always have that happen to me -- i would suggest cold witch hazel compresses or cucumber compresses. I would call and let them know that you are having a bit of discomfort and I would try to have it done by someone else the next time.

On another subject, I am sort of thinking that we may do Cinderella on Friday instead of Thursday. As much as I don't like the thought of driving east on a Friday, it just gets too complicated with wanting to do birthday cake here on Thursday and dd30. Do you think that Friday might work for you? And does the sign on the church say anything about Advance Ticket Sales......I would love to get the tickets purchased beforehand.

Let me know -- thanks.

Someone mentioned to swab milk for redness. I always get red and a little swollen.

I had a lady that took a call on her cell phone while she was waxing my eyebrows. She ripped off the wax and then said, "Uh oh!" and dropped her phone. :glare: Not something you want to hear when you're being waxed! The damage wasn't too bad, but she scared the heck out of me.

Switch to threading! You'll never go back to waxing again.

I discovered threading a couple of years ago. I don't go often, but it is so much better than waxing. I don't have very heavy eyebrows to begin with, so I mostly go just to get the shape nicely defined. Then, I pluck my own in between threadings.