Menu

traditional logic memoria

hsm

We did Traditional Logic I & II in 9th. I liked having the credit for the high school transcript. Logic I is fairly easy, but Logic II is a bit more challenging and takes more time.

Dd did Traditional Logic I in 8th and I'm thinking of having dd continue with Traditional Logic II in 9th grade. Should this be 1/2 credit? Also, what did you write as a course name/description on your dc's transcript?

Thanks!!

Dd did Traditional Logic I in 8th and I'm thinking of having dd continue with Traditional Logic II in 9th grade. Should this be 1/2 credit? Also, what did you write as a course name/description on your dc's transcript?

Thanks!!

Here's what I have on my dc's transcripts. I gave 1 credit for the whole course.

Logic I & II

(Course Completed at home)

The first semester is an introductory course in formal logic. The course work introduces students to an understanding of the Christian theory of knowledge and presents an in-depth study of the classical syllogism. The second semester is an advanced formal logic course. It covers the four figures of the traditional syllogism, the three forms of rhetorical arguments (called enthymemes), the three kinds of hypothetical syllogisms, the four kinds of complex syllogisms, as well as relational arguments. Learning to think well and to think critically is the goal.

Text:Traditional Logic I & II,by Martin Cothran, Memoria Press

Tutor: DVD instruction