Menu

Well, my PLAN was to start tomorrow..

but the best laid plans all seem to have this quirky way of blowing up in my face! :glare: I was ready. I AM ready...excited even! All my curriculum except Spanish is here and we have all our school supplies, etc. Well, then we visited my Mom's today and she let's us know that my brother and his family are visiting on Tuesday (we see them perhaps once a year even though we only live an hour away). So we have to go see "the cousins"! Then my Mom invites my 4 middle boys to sleep over until Tuesday when the cousins come. :D So I just have my 2 girls and the toddler. Then my dear brother shows up in "desperate" need of a babysitter for his step-daughter and since Mom's house is already full :D I offered to take his dsd. She's such a sweet girl anyway and my girls get along famously with her. So, plans to start my oldest dd tomorrow have been blown to smithereens. Tell me it will be okay to push our starting date ahead a week? Tell me to just enjoy these last days of summer before they are gone. I just hope I don't lose motivation to start, kwim?

Well, we were supposed to start last Monday. Then, my parents called 3 days before and invited us to go to Branson with them-- all expenses paid. Ok. Fun. Then, we were supposed to start tomorrow-- and my BIL called and said he was off work, could they come over and play with his dd-- whom they don't see very often. Sigh.... We compromised and did some work tonight and will do some in the morning before they go.

I've been ruminating on whether the flexibility of homeschooling is really a good thing.

Neverthess, I give you permission to postpone. Who am I to judge. :)

:willy_nilly: I'm a planner too and it always throws me for a loop when my plans get side-tracked. :grouphug:

That said, I absolutely think you'll be fine waiting a week to start school. You won't regret taking the time off for family. And yes, summer days are only here for so long. Enjoy!

Just a thought...I don't know what your school schedule is, but these types of special spontaneous things are what prompted me to year-round school many moons ago.

We start June 1 - go part time through Labor Day - full-time second week of Sept. through mid-December - 2nd week of January through mid-April. We finish then and have about a six-week break from then until June 1.

This way the dc get to see our family nearby on a weekly basis. Having grandparents and extended family nearby can be wonderful. I want to make sure the dc get to enjoy that blessing, and that the grandparents and others get to enjoy our dc.

Having said all that, when the phone rings and we are doing school, everyone knows we do not answer it!!

So I'd vote to enjoy your visits and school can wait til next week!