Menu

First Language Lessons

oldskool

Last year I bought FLL and am about a quarter way into the first part with DD. I see that the new editions on the Peace Hill website are split into two books. I can't really tell from the sample exercise in level 1 what the real difference is between the old and new versions is. Does anybody know more about this? Since we are only just beginning the book, do you think it would be a good idea to get the newer editions? I think sometimes I am just looking for an excuse to buy new books.

Lesley

I saw that too and I am starting next month with FLL with my second child. I have decided that since the older version worked well with my oldest then it will do just as well with my second child and third. From what I could see online it's still the same material but it's seperated instead of together. I thinks it's recommned to add the new writing program, writing with ease along with FLL but I have decided that wasn't needed for my children. The orginal FLL 1 &2 book will serve my family just fine.

I could be wrong b/c I didn't ask for specifics but a woman at the Peace Hill Press booth at our conference said the writing portion of FLL was being taken out - as it was never intended to be a writing program (although the back cover actually say "writing and grammar program). I feel like the change was made to accommodate the WWE program.

I'm not getting the new edition and I'm using WWE. It doesn't look that stressful to combine on my own (and I always make these things stressful:tongue_smilie:).

I actually asked on Peace Hill Press on their facebook page when they announced the new book. They said if you have the old book you really don't need the new one, it was just re-written to be easier to use with the Writing With Ease curriculum. It sounds like they took out a lot of the overlapping stuff.

I actually asked on Peace Hill Press on their facebook page when they announced the new book. They said if you have the old book you really don't need the new one, it was just re-written to be easier to use with the Writing With Ease curriculum. It sounds like they took out a lot of the overlapping stuff.

This is what I understand too. I was able to combine FLL 1/2 with WWE easily enough. I dropped the extra dictation and skipped the story narrations if we had already done it that day with either WWE or SOTW.