Menu

MUS teacher manuals

Yes, you should keep them because they sell better as a TM/DVD set. Also, you should look at them occasionally. I wasn't doing that and then discovered that there were mental math exercises in the TM that I wasn't doing with my ds because I never looked at the manual either. There isn't alot in there that is different from the DVD, but their are tidbits. HTH

Blessings,

Pat

No one will want to buy them and your DVDs will be worth much less without them. I also agree with the pp you are missing out by not looking at them. They include mental math, challenging word problems (much harder than found in the student books) not to mention solutions so you can be so much faster on grading! There are also explanations not found in the video and you may at some point have a student that is challenged in the upper level courses where these additional explanations really help.

Thanks, I didn't know about the mental extra activities. I used MUS by itself until Epsilon and then I supplemented with LOF for my son and TT for my dd. I'm thinking to do the same with my 5yo and 3 yo in the future. I was trying to get extra money, because I didn't spend much on them. I got each set for $35 in a homeschool bookstore sale. I really like the dvds and I want to keep them. Thanks for your help

Guest ME-Mommy

I wouldn't separate the TM & DVD...besides as you have the younger kids coming up through, you'll want the Answer Key/Solutions that are found in the back of the book...or at least I think you would. ;)

When you get into the upper levels, sometimes there are tips/hints that are covered in the TM that aren't covered in the DVD presentation. Ask me how I know... :blushing: