Jump to content


Quick! Give me some advice on an illness question

Recommended Posts

OK, Hive - what say you?


Dd17 is running a ballet camp in our house all week. Yesterday afternoon, she started feeling nauseaus (I SO cannot spell that word). Continued until 11 pm, when she was finally able to sleep. Never threw up.


This morning, I woke her up to see if we could have camp today. Says she feels better, but is weak and shaky. She's eating an egg & toast right now.


We've never canceled ballet camp in the 4 years we've run it. . . . but I'm REALLY leaning strongly toward canceling today, and offering parents a free DVD of the performance to make up for it (we usually charge $5).


Thoughts? Opinions? my dh is at work & unreachable for an opinion. . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it were my dd going to ballet camp, I'd love to see it postponed a week so the chance of giving the illness to all the kids is reduced.


Dd would be highly disappointed. It would probably be all she talked about for a week so her opinion would be for your dd to medicate up and get on with it. She will take her chance so catching it. Who knows she might miss the fist day of school.


I'm kidding. But it would be a big disappointment to her.


You have to do what is best for your dd. If that means canceling or postponing then do it. I hope she feels better soon.



PS - How are you doing with your aspartame detox?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...