Menu

Congrats to your dd!!

Alas, my dd10 wasn't interested in joining any reading programs this summer. She's a voracious reader and assured me she'd get her reading in. Hasn't disappointed yet. I do have her keep a list of the titles she's read along with the date and page numbers. She picks one book and I pick the other. We've kept alternating like this all summer. Nothing like reading during the summer to keep skills sharp!!

Great job! I wish our library program rewarded like that! We always opt out because they make you do all kinds of silly activities that have nothing to do with reading...they even tell you what kind of books to read (like gardening, a magazine, etc.). Talk about control issues!

We missed the awards program for our library's summer reading program this past week. Quite frankly we've never attended the program. But we learned today that dd won the top reader award for her age group. She was just shy of 5,000 pages for the 7 weeks.

That's enough to make a librarian cry tears of joy. Keep up the good work. :)