Menu

Am I wasting my time? (re: scheduling)

We are using HOD next year (Preparing and LHFHG) and for those that are familiar with that program, it is pretty open and go. I am making weekly schedules for each child (the ones who can read!) and find myself copying lots of the info from the guide onto the schedules. Am I wasting my time? I am also copying the guide for my 7th grader who would like to be more independent with his work. Is it redundant to make a weekly schedule for him when i am giving him the photocopies of the guide anyway? I do need to schedule things like math and grammar and his additional science b/c those do not have a schedule already included in the HOD guide for his level. Any thoughts? Oh, going to give that nifty filing system a go as well...wish me luck!

I wouldn't redo all that. All the scheduling has been done for you! Just hand the olders the guide if you can and let them find the material and get it done themselves. I think if you are photocopying the whole thing so you can make notes on it, you could just write in the extra stuff on that, right?