Menu

TT...Pros and Cons of the consumable workbook

Both of my boys will be working through Teaching Textbooks 3 and I'm not sure about spending $39.95 for a second workbook.

Do you think the workbook is necessary?

Do you find that your child can just write the problem and work it in a spiral notebook?

Are there benefits I would be missing if I didn't order the workbook at all and just got the cds for $99.95?

Are there things in the workbook that are not included in the cds such as extra explanations, problems, etc.?

Thanks for your input! :001_smile:

I just bought TT4 for my 5th grader to do quickly and my 4th grader to do this school year. I ordered the entire set (w/workbook) to see if we'd need it before I invested in a second workbook. As far as I can tell, the workbook does not share any new info. The workbook is massive though, so I do understand the price.

My dd keeps a piece of scrap paper at the computer desk while she is working. I don't think I'll buy any more workbooks until we get to Pre Algebra.

Not to highjack but are both kiddos using this at the same time? I didn't know you could do that... That would be great as i have 2 in the same grade. How do you do this?

Yes, both kids are doing the same one. I'm not sure how to set it up, but my friend has 3 of her kids doing the same grade level. Maybe someone can jump in and tell you how. :confused:

Call up TT and they will email you instructions on how to use it for more than one student on the same computer.

:iagree:

I haven't done this myself but I did ask a TT rep and she said it can be done. I didn't go any further with asking for instructions though because I had already set TT up on two different computers.

I just know it can be done :)

:iagree:

I haven't done this myself but I did ask a TT rep and she said it can be done. I didn't go any further with asking for instructions though because I had already set TT up on two different computers.

I just know it can be done :)

Yes, this is what I was told by the rep at convention and it's what I intend to do with my 9yo twins. Now, I just have to bite the bullet and order it!

Edited by KellyinPA
typo