Menu

Anyone use a Net10 phone?

I have pay as you go Virgin Mobile, and minutes have gone up to 20 cents each! My daughter has a Net10 phone, and I bought minutes for her at 7.5 cents each. I compared coverage areas, and Net10's is much larger. Any warnings before I switch? If you have Net10, which phone do you have and do you like it?

Thanks!

My DH just got one. He loves it here in NOVA. However, we have heard the customer service is abysmal at best -- he's never had to use CS. People had lots of problems porting their old phone numbers over to Net10. BUT, it was so cheap, if there were ever a problem, he would probably just get a new phone. I have a T-Mobile phone that I love, and AWFUL coverage in NOVA. But I don't use it much so I'm just grinning and bearing it.

My DH bought his at Best Buy -- it is a Samsung with a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard, as well as a keypad on the main face. I discovered that this phone is actually several seasons old (per the Samsung website). Looks like Net10 does not offer new or high-end phones. But it has been fine so far.

I have a net10 phone that i really like.

I like that my minutes roll over, I do NOT like that I have to buy service days. For example I usually buy service for 60 days and 300 minutes, becauseof the rollover feature I have plenty of minutes, but I have to buy more minutes/service days anyway. I have the little cheap basic phone that I bought at Walmart - it only has a limited amount of ringtones and you can't adjust the volume of them very much. The phone came with a car charger and a cord to plug it into the wall. It also came with a headset thingy that didn't work at all.