Menu

What am I missing for 6th grade language arts?

helena

I'm having such a hard time figuring this out. One big problem is that she's been doing Cozy Grammar, (and loves it) but isn't ready to go on to the next level until 7th grade. Here's what I have so far:

-Finishing Intermediate Language Lessons (it'll take the whole year to get through it).

-IEW ancients (which says it has a bit of grammar)

-poetry study

-Phonetic Zoo (level 2)

-Reading List/log

Do I need more grammar besides ILL and IEW? Or is it okay to take a year off from such a direct approach to the grammar rules (Cozy G)?

I could also have her watch the dvd episodes for Cozy grammar (once a week) to keep the info somewhat fresh.

What am I missing overall?

Oops, didn't know that. Then I would say nothing is missing.

Lisa

I just went through TWTM, and even though we aren't doing what she recommends, it seems like we're on a similar page.

I think...

:001_huh:

I also forgot to add cursive. She wants to do either Spencerian or Smithhand.

Do I need more grammar besides ILL and IEW? Or is it okay to take a year off from such a direct approach to the grammar rules (Cozy G)?

I could also have her watch the dvd episodes for Cozy grammar (once a week) to keep the info somewhat fresh.

What am I missing overall?

I don't think you're missing anything. I think the indirect approach of ILL and IEW for one year should be just fine. But I tend to be somewhat less formal about grammar.

I am not familiar with Cozy Grammar, but you might look at IEW's Fix-It Grammar for some editing work if you want her to keep punctuation and grammatical rules fresh until she is ready for the next level of Cozy Grammar.

Thanks! In researching Fix-It, I've managed to put together a list of similar workbooks. I want something that will keep her on her toes until we go back to Cozy Grammar, but is low key and fun (for grammar:)).

Cozy Grammar is a dvd/worksheet program.

http://www.splashesfromtheriver.com/grammar_course.htm