Menu

Where to buy a globe?

Hey guys,

I checked my local Target and Walmart and did not see globes out anywhere this week. I know I've seen them there before... Does anyone know what section they usually keep them in? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

If not, does anyone know a good place to buy a low cost globe? The ones on the internet all seem to be over 50 dollars and we were hoping not to spend too much.

Thanks!

Hailey

I just got one at Target, in the school supply section, for $14.99. This was no more than two weeks ago. Maybe they were out of stock... I would keep checking, as they will most likely get more. Also, you could try calling a different Target to see if they have them.

While I'd love to have a really nice, upscale globe on a floor stand from the Rand McNally store, I'm happy with the "nicer than Walmart version" one that I bought recently at Mardel. Regular price was 39.99, but I got it on sale for 31.99. I got the Antique Ocean Desk globe on the right at this link, but you can see that they have several to choose from: http://www.mardel.com/search/default.aspx?keywords=globe

I also saw them at Target in the special seasonalschool supply section.

They have several different ones at Hobbly Lobby but seem to be priced a little higher than I saw elsewhere. They are a good deal if you use a 40% off coupon though!

I know it probably was a one shot deal with mine, but I found a brand new one in the local Value Village used store. It cost me $5.00 and was still boxed up. The original sticker was from Staples though. I have seen them in Walmart in the office supply/school supply area.

Hey guys' date='

I checked my local Target and Walmart and did not see globes out anywhere this week. I know I've seen them there before... Does anyone know what section they usually keep them in? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

If not, does anyone know a good place to buy a low cost globe? The ones on the internet all seem to be over 50 dollars and we were hoping not to spend too much.

Thanks!

Hailey[/quote']

Target. $14.XX. By seasonal school supply. I just bought mine a few days ago.

But you may want to check resale shops, too, just take a good look at Europe and Africa to check for modern boundaries & place names.

If you knew how limited my knowledge of geography is then you would be laughing as you made that statement. I'm planning on getting much of my education along with my daughter....:lol:

If you knew how limited my knowledge of geography is then you would be laughing as you made that statement. I'm planning on getting much of my education along with my daughter....:lol:

I'm guessing if you saw the letters U-S-S-R that would be a clue!

Truly, it is hard to keep up with *all* the changes...

Check out the thrift stores. I usually see one or two when I go to the ones around here.

But you'd better be sure it's not out of date. See if it's Myanmar or Burma. (Someone mentioned USSR vs Russia.)

We got ours at Toys R Us for about $15.