Menu

Rainbow Science users...a question

Sue G in PA

Just got my Rainbow Science books (thanks, Tamy!) and I really like what I see. My ds12 will really enjoy the color photos, experiments and short readings. I, however, wonder if it is enough for him. The lessons are short...just reading on day 1 and 2 and then the experiment on day 3. That's it? I'm thinking of having him do some notebook pages for each reading day and make vocab cards for all the bolded words. What do you do with Rainbow Science, if anything, to make it a bit, um, fuller? Thanks.

Just got my Rainbow Science books (thanks, Tamy!) and I really like what I see. My ds12 will really enjoy the color photos, experiments and short readings. I, however, wonder if it is enough for him. The lessons are short...just reading on day 1 and 2 and then the experiment on day 3. That's it? I'm thinking of having him do some notebook pages for each reading day and make vocab cards for all the bolded words. What do you do with Rainbow Science, if anything, to make it a bit, um, fuller? Thanks.

I felt the same way at first, but when we got into, and with all our other commitments, it was actually fine. There are free quizzes online, so I did do some review days for those since those are only every 2 weeks. One thing you could consider is to do both years in one, but then you have to buy both year kits. You could also get books from the library to research the topics a little more and assign report type writing.

When my son used Rainbow Science, I had him complete a science notebook. He took notes, wrote summaries, drew diagrams and labeled them, looked up different topics in depth and wrote about them, ect. Enjoy Rainbow Science--we really enjoyed our two years with it.

I e-mailed them a few weeks ago to ask about The Colors. I don't still have the e-mail, but I remember getting the impression that there is a good chance it is not going to be ready this year. I can't remember the exact wording. I wish that it was ready. It sounds like a great program.

Jan