Menu

Natural cleaners, hair/skin care, etc...

We are trying to use more natural products in our home and on our bodies. I know it can be rather expensive to buy all natural body care products so I am looking for some ideas. I've heard of using coconut oil as a moisturizer, plain, organic yogurt as a facial, honey, olive oil, etc. And, I know plenty people use vinegar mixed w/ water to clean. Problem is...I can't stand the smell of vinegar. How do you get around that? I thought of squeezing some lemon juice in with the water/vinegar but wouldn't that leave a sticky residue after cleaning? Where do I buy essential oils? I'm really just looking for any info you have...recipes, formulas, etc. Thanks!

A friend recently recommended the Oil Cleansing Method for a facial cleansing. I was skeptical but tried it because it is super cheap. I think I like it. I just mixed 2 parts extra virgin olive oil with 2 parts castor oil but I don't do it every day. You rub it on your face for a minute, then wet a wash cloth with hot water, lay it on your face until it isn't hot, wet the cloth with hot water and repeat a few times (the goal is to get a little steam), and then just wipe it off with the same cloth until you don't feel oily. If your skin is dry, you should use less castor oil- maybe more of a 1:3 ratio. The castor oil also acts like an eyelash conditioner.

I am trying to insert a link here.

http://www.simplelivingmedia.com

Simple Living Media has a lot of advice on all kinds of topics and this was definitely covered. If I knew how to link better, I link you straight there. If the link does not work, google "Simple Living Media."

Put "shampoo" or "cleanser" in their search engine and it should come up with something.