Menu

If you use Math Mammoth with SM as supplement...

LAmom

How do you do it? What do you buy from Singapore to supplement the MM curriculum? Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search but could not find anything.

I will be doing MM 2. So should I get SM 2A/2B workbooks? Textbooks? Or just IP or CWP?

Thanks for your help!

How do you do it? What do you buy from Singapore to supplement the MM curriculum? Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search but could not find anything.

I will be doing MM 2. So should I get SM 2A/2B workbooks? Textbooks? Or just IP or CWP?

Thanks for your help!

I don't plan on supplementing MM but if I did it would be with the IP. I have heard others say that SM and MM are so similar that it would be redundant to use both together. The IP books really take the concepts a lot further so they seem like the best choice as a supplement. I would probably use the IP books 6 mos behind (maybe even a whole year) - they really are very challenging. HTH!

I don't plan on supplementing MM but if I did it would be with the IP. I have heard others say that SM and MM are so similar that it would be redundant to use both together. The IP books really take the concepts a lot further so they seem like the best choice as a supplement. I would probably use the IP books 6 mos behind (maybe even a whole year) - they really are very challenging. HTH!

:iagree:

Some people also supplement with the Challenging Word Problems books, but I gave it up because it didn't seem to add that much. MM is a very complete program, which already has a LOT of problems to work, good word problems, and quite a lot of math facts practice built in. If I were going to supplement MM, I would add games or MEP or math puzzles — something totally different, rather than adding a second curriculum that's similar to MM in almost every way.

Jackie