Menu

s/o twilkin's thread: what we've learned from Kari in SC

I thought this probably deserved its own thread, in order to keep the focus on the other thread's issue.

Kari, like many other people here, I just can't imagine your pain. I'm so sorry for what you have suffered, and are suffering. I have read your posts, and just feel speechless. I'm not sure what to say to comfort you, and imagine nothing but time can.

I remember right after you posted about Timmy's passing, how you said school doesn't matter, that nothing matters except loving our kids. I haven't been able to shake those words. That is strong counsel to give on these uber-academic boards, and I have taken it to heart.

Thank you so much for sharing your feelings with us. Please know that even those of us who just don't know what to say are thinking of you and holding you in our hearts.

I thought this probably deserved its own thread, in order to keep the focus on the other thread's issue.

Kari, like many other people here, I just can't imagine your pain. I'm so sorry for what you have suffered, and are suffering. I have read your posts, and just feel speechless. I'm not sure what to say to comfort you, and imagine nothing but time can.

I remember right after you posted about Timmy's passing, how you said school doesn't matter, that nothing matters except loving our kids. I haven't been able to shake those words. That is st :grouphug:rong counsel to give on these uber-academic boards, and I have taken it to heart.

Thank you so much for sharing your feelings with us. Please know that even those of us who just don't know what to say are thinking of you and holding you in our hearts.

:iagree: :grouphug:

I remember right after you posted about Timmy's passing, how you said school doesn't matter, that nothing matters except loving our kids. I haven't been able to shake those words. That is strong counsel to give on these uber-academic boards, and I have taken it to heart.

I agree. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to do everything "right" that I forget to enjoy the ride.

:grouphug:

Kari,

Your post brought me to a breaking point and helped point out the fact that the only important thing was that I still had my daughter. Thank you for sharing your heart and wisdom in your time of pain. Prayers and hugs:grouphug::grouphug:

:iagree:

Kari, I think of you so often. I wish there was something I could say that could provide comfort. I hope just knowing you have a cyber family that is praying fervently for you and your family helps a little.:grouphug:

:iagree::grouphug::grouphug:

Timmy has touched us all. I found myself immediately working to mend a couple of broken relationships in my life...reaching out to a couple of siblings I hadn't spoken with in years. Blessings for me that came out of Kari's tragedy. We only have NOW for sure. Tomorrow may never come, so we have to make everything right NOW. Love everybody. Nothing else matters but love.

I wish I could put my arms around Kari and everybody who has written on both of these threads, in real life.

You are all so kind. Sometimes I think I need to stop posting about Timmy and my pain. I don't want to bring everyone down. I just don't know what else to do as some points. Yesterday was probably the hardest since his service. I just could not stop crying. I sat with his pillow and then I found an Army t-shirt that has not been washed. I smelled of his Axe and I just breathed it in. I am sure it sounds crazy, but I put it in a ziploc bag. I just miss him so much that I don't really know what to do. I have friends and family here and all of you holding me up. I know that, but there are other moments when I think I will certainly die. Then I know that won't happen and the pain is still there. I know I am rambling. It has just been such a hard week. Lots of other normal life stuff added in and I feel like I am just beat up. It really does help to hear that something has come from Timmy's leaving. I am glad he has touched so many lives. He really was that type of person. Thank you all for praying for me.

Kari, :grouphug: Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of you. You keep posting about your dear son and your grief if that helps you. That is what we are here for. This board is more than academic advice...it's a community. We love you, Kari...and we are here for you.

You are all so kind. Sometimes I think I need to stop posting about Timmy and my pain. I don't want to bring everyone down. I just don't know what else to do as some points. Yesterday was probably the hardest since his service. I just could not stop crying. I sat with his pillow and then I found an Army t-shirt that has not been washed. I smelled of his Axe and I just breathed it in. I am sure it sounds crazy, but I put it in a ziploc bag. I just miss him so much that I don't really know what to do. I have friends and family here and all of you holding me up. I know that, but there are other moments when I think I will certainly die. Then I know that won't happen and the pain is still there. I know I am rambling. It has just been such a hard week. Lots of other normal life stuff added in and I feel like I am just beat up. It really does help to hear that something has come from Timmy's leaving. I am glad he has touched so many lives. He really was that type of person. Thank you all for praying for me.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh Kari! :grouphug:

Keeping you in prayer here too. And, it is not weird to put his shirt in a ziploc. I took one of my Grandee's pipes when he died and put it in a ziploc. He has been with the Lord for 8 years now and I can unzip that bag and be FLOODED with memories. :) Who knows? Maybe I'll smoke it one day. :)

Kari is a young woman who seems to be very wise for her age!! I wish I could've said the same thing years ago. I've always said that school is not the end all and be all. That's been my conviction from the start. There is so much more...knowing God first and His Son, having a relationship with Him that will bring eternal joy and security. I'm glad Kari mentioned that school is not top priority...I couldn't agree more! Sheryl <><

(((HUGS))) Kari!!