Menu

School supply sales start tomorrow

For all those addicted to school supplies check your Sunday paper.

I got this from a list I am on:

Target

Rose Art Colored Pencils .50

Rose Art Markers .50

Note books 1.00

Compositions books 1.00

Walgreens

Crayons/Colored Pencils .49

legal pads .29

pencils .9

Staples* (usually have the best deals!)

Folders .1 (yes, that's one penny!)

Pencils .1

Printer Paper .1 (now that one's for me ... yes, you are seeing right

... limit 2 reams for 2 cents....I'm so there in the morning!!!!)

pencil cases $1

scissors $1

glue sticks $1

I love school supply sales! Whee! But a warning: I find RoseArt products utterly useless. Even free, I don't consider them worth having around 'cause they just provide frustration. Target will have Crayola products on sale for very cheap in the near future, and for inexpensive colored pencils and markers, I find the quality *significantly* better. (Prang is also good, though I don't see them marked down as far as Crayola as often.)

I love school supply sales! Whee! But a warning: I find RoseArt products utterly useless. Even free, I don't consider them worth having around 'cause they just provide frustration. Target will have Crayola products on sale for very cheap in the near future, and for inexpensive colored pencils and markers, I find the quality *significantly* better. (Prang is also good, though I don't see them marked down as far as Crayola as often.)

:iagree:and during school supplies sale time Crayola is only maybe 10 or 20 cents more than RoseArt (for a box of 24 crayons anyway), so I always go ahead and "splurge" on Crayola. My husband is taking the kids swimming when I get off work, so knowing the sales are starting will give me more motivation to straighten up the school books/supplies area.

Walgreens has a great deal on dry erase markers......I think it is $1.99 for the 4 pack!

The ads in our area is really hitting more toward college right now but I usually end up buying a few things every week until the sales are over! I always end up with extra but that is okay, we all have fun especially when we buy extra little things like stickers and playdoh! :lol:

Since our "back to school clothing" budget is smaller than our public school friends, we can buy fun stuff!

Target has Teacher Note books for $1

Saw that! They had lots of cute school items in the dollar section. I bought enough of it that the teenage cashier asked if I was a teacher. I ended up having a fun conversation with her about homeschooling.

I need to go hunt down lots of glue sticks. My little guy is just learning how to use them, so they go quick. I had to pay regular price for some a while back, and it just about made me cry! ;)

For those going to Staples, there's a $5 off $30 coupon here (I hope the link works).

There was also a $10 off $25 for Office Depot that was good until the 12th (or the 15th, can't recall), but the banner isn't on their site anymore. I still have the PDF coupon if someone needs it.

For those going to Staples, there's a $5 off $30 coupon here (I hope the link works).

There was also a $10 off $25 for Office Depot that was good until the 12th (or the 15th, can't recall), but the banner isn't on their site anymore. I still have the PDF coupon if someone needs it.

I would love an OD coupon! I have a $10 off $50, but really don't think I'll spend $50! Thanks!!

I would love an OD coupon! I have a $10 off $50, but really don't think I'll spend $50! Thanks!!

Give me a little while and I'll see if I can upload it. It's on my other computer, so I have to go dig that up :D

ETA: Turns out a bunch of deal sites are linking it, so I don't need to upload! This is the link I found:

http://f.chtah.com/i/48/1237020949/MSC_Coupon_0710_Web.pdf?sid=enb-NHBoUmA09GBO5EaKqNVyWKA&odserver=

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Edited by melissel

:iagree:Last year I wanted to "splurge" a bit more on supplies and found out that LITERALLY sharpening our Rose Art colored pencils if they needed it would cause them to break over and over and over until there was NOTHING left. I was so frustrated. Then I puchased crayons by rose art and they are nothing but a WAXY smeary mess!! SO this year I plan on dumping our tubs of crayons and replacing them with Crayola. The markers by Rose Art are junky too. After coloring a regular size printer page already they show signs that the lids were left off for weeks! Not impressed. SO all the "splurging" has done nothing but caused me frustration and causing me to replace all our supplies this year.

Staples* (usually have the best deals!)

Folders .1 (yes, that's one penny!)

Pencils .1

Printer Paper .1 (now that one's for me ... yes, you are seeing right

... limit 2 reams for 2 cents....I'm so there in the morning!!!!)

pencil cases $1

scissors $1

glue sticks $1

FYI... teachers get a limit of 25 sets of pencils and/or folders... that is $.50 for 25 of each! Got mine today :)

For those of you heading to Staples: there are hanging file folders on clearance. I bought a lovely shade of purple at $2.50 for a box of 25. That's the cheapest I've seen them... and they're PURPLE!!!!

Oooohhhhh...that's a problem for me. I've been imagining how I would make the filing system they've been talking about on the K-8 board work for me, but was able to keep a lid on it. This makes it all too feasible...

For those of you heading to Staples: there are hanging file folders on clearance. I bought a lovely shade of purple at $2.50 for a box of 25. That's the cheapest I've seen them... and they're PURPLE!!!!

Oh I want a Staples. Purple...

I don't like RoseArt supplies, either, except my dc like the RoseArt glue sticks much better than other types we've tried. I hope they go on sale, too.

Just got RoseArt glue sticks for 20c each at Target, in the same section as the other school supplies.