Menu

Quick! Do you cover baked ziti when you cook it?

About to stick two trays of baked ziti in the oven for a homeschool group picnic I'm leaving for in less than an hour.

Should I cover the trays with aluminum foil before putting them in? If so, should I remove the foil after a certain amount of time? How long should I put them in for?

I have the oven at 350 and the trays are ready to go in.

Thanks! :D

About to stick two trays of baked ziti in the oven for a homeschool group picnic I'm leaving for in less than an hour.

Should I cover the trays with aluminum foil before putting them in? If so, should I remove the foil after a certain amount of time? How long should I put them in for?

I have the oven at 350 and the trays are ready to go in.

Thanks! :D

I uncover dishes like that (mac&cheese, etc.) for the last 10 min. or so to let the edges and tops brown up a bit. Some folks like the gooey parts, some like the crispier edges. Have fun, it's pouring rain here.

Cool, that's what I was thinking. You think like 20 min covered and 10 uncovered would be good?

(Actually it's rainy here too but we're hoping it won't last all day and we do have a building we're using with tables and chairs to sit and eat and chat and play board games and do face painting in and so on but we're hoping the weather clears enough for the kids to go play outside, too, where there's a big park. I'm putting on their oldest shoes and clothes and expecting them to get a bit muddy! lol)

Thanks for the quick response!

Cool, that's what I was thinking. You think like 20 min covered and 10 uncovered would be good?

(Actually it's rainy here too but we're hoping it won't last all day and we do have a building we're using with tables and chairs to sit and eat and chat and play board games and do face painting in and so on but we're hoping the weather clears enough for the kids to go play outside, too, where there's a big park. I'm putting on their oldest shoes and clothes and expecting them to get a bit muddy! lol)

Thanks for the quick response!

Last 10 min. usually does it. Have a lovely day, muddy or no. At least the food'll be great!