Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

profmom

Worn spot on dark leather recliner -- can it be recolored to match?

These are dark leather Lane recliners being sold by a friend. They had a goo build up on the headrest that she gently scraped/cleaned. Under this, there is a lighter, head-shaped spot. Can we recolor, polish, or dye it to match again? If so, how much do you think this would cost?

Leather CPR

It worked wonders on my leather couch, saddle and boots. It brightened up the color on the couch beautifully. Under 5 bucks too :001_smile:

If Leather CPR doesn't work you can dye it. As the long-time WTM boardies know, I will paint or dye ANYTHING. I once dyed a leather recliner that used to be a faded brown to a much nicer cordovan color.

Buy a couple of cans of dye for shoe leather. Take the chair outside and clean the whole chair by wiping all of the visible surfaces with a damp rag. Then wipe it lightly with acetone nail polish remover (to remove the grease from hands, etc.).

Once it's dry, spray in light layers.

Our chair looked perfect for ten years after dying it.

Lisa

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin