Menu

linking to another thread?

If you want it to be embedded, you can follow these steps when you're ready to insert your link:

1. highlight the address for that discussion you want to link to when you're on that page (the whole http:// thing at the top; just select all and copy)

2. while you're posting on the thread, click on the appropriate icon just above you in your "reply" box -- the one with the earth (#11 in the row of icons)

3. paste in the address for the other discussion you want to link to. Make sure it only says http:// one time though.

4. when you click "ok" it will take you back to your reply box and it will show that link 2x; the 2nd one will still be blue if you haven't typed anything yet. Type the name of the thread or whatever you want it to say. Or you can just leave it as that long address, but that doesn't look as good of course.

I'll pretend I want to insert a link here for the boxers/brief poll that's right above your post on this board right now. "So I was reading on this forum that someone had a [OK, ready? I'm clicking on it NOW] Boxers/Briefs Poll and I thought to myself...."

Does that make sense? Whatever you type where it's highlighted blue in that last step is what will show up to others. Whatever you type after that [/url] will just be normal again.

Clear as mud? lol It would be so much easier to show you in person. Hope this wasn't too confusing! :)

Hmmm... I wrote a detailed post about this earlier today, but when I submitted it it said it would be reviewed my a moderator. Not sure what's up with that. Anyway, if this post goes through, the short answer to your question is click on the link (just above the reply window) with earth and you can put it in that way.

If you need more details, hopefully my previous post will go through at some point in the next few days. Good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest donnaj8887
If you want it to be embedded, you can follow these steps when you're ready to insert your link:

1. highlight the address for that discussion you want to link to when you're on that page (the whole http:// thing at the top; just select all and copy)

2. while you're posting on the thread, click on the appropriate icon just above you in your "reply" box -- the one with the earth (#11 in the row of icons)

3. paste in the address for the other discussion you want to link to. Make sure it only says http:// one time though.

4. when you click "ok" it will take you back to your reply box and it will show that link 2x; the 2nd one will still be blue if you haven't typed anything yet. Type the name of the thread or whatever you want it to say. Or you can just leave it as that long address, but that doesn't look as good of course.

I'll pretend I want to insert a link here for the boxers/brief poll that's right above your post on this board right now. "So I was reading on this forum that someone had a [OK, ready? I'm clicking on it NOW] Boxers/Briefs Poll and I thought to myself...."

Does that make sense? Whatever you type where it's highlighted blue in that last step is what will show up to others. Whatever you type after that [/url] will just be normal again.

Clear as mud? lol It would be so much easier to show you in person. Hope this wasn't too confusing! :)

Such a very amazing link!

Thanks you for the post.

Watch The Switch Online Free