Menu

Wheelock's syllabus?

I have all the books for Wheelock's latin (book, workbook, Grote's) except for a syllabus. Has anyone used the syllabus from Mother of Divine Grace and did you like it? Was it worth the money? How quickly does it move? I want to do 20 chapters this year. Thanks.

Angela

I made my own, based loosely on the syllabus that is linked with the Wheelock's answer key. It was really helpful to read the beginning of the teacher's guide/ answer key and the syllabus, even though it is for college students, to help in planning. We are doing 22 chapters.

I couldn't stand the thought of paying more after I'd already spent so much on books, workbooks, extra readings, etc.

Sorry, not what you asked, but in case you decide not to go with MODG... :001_smile:

It schedules 24 chapters for the first year. We were able to do this, but my ds had previously done PL, LCI, LCII, LitCT Volume I, and 8 chapters of LitCT Volume II. I think the pacing of 24 chapters would be too fast without a pretty good Latin background. I believe it initially schedules 7 days per chapter. Around chapter 20 or 21 it shifts to 10 days per chapter. It also includes tests. I have enjoyed having it. We did do 24 chapters this year.

It also includes a quiz for each chapter as well as a mid-term and a final for each semester.

HTH.