Menu

Working towards my 50 posts!

I just went to post an item on the Sale/Swap board and noticed the new 50 post requirement. I panicked! Although I am a very infrequent poster...okay, I confess, I am an avid lurker...I have always appreciated the wonderful advice, tips and resources so many of you offer. I have used the Sale/Swap board for years both as a buyer and a seller, so I am going to work hard at those 50 posts! You might be hearing lots from me in the next couple of weeks;) We are in the middle of a move, and boy do I need to unload some things.

Me too. I thought I had made more post that I have. I guess I just comment in my head and move on :tongue_smilie:
:lol: I've done that too. I'm MAKING myself comment on some things just to get the flow going! You should see how many posts I have on another board. Scary!

Tea 4 Three - (cute name, btw) How many children do you have? My guess would be three; or possibly one.

My2Kids'Mom, you're almost there!

Thanks! I just moved from a little town named Tea, we have 4 kiddos, but are currently formally schooling 3. (The youngest is just a year old.) Thus the name.;) Love your name BTW too!

I'm another long-time lurker who comments from time to time or in mini-spurts. Now I'm joining the ranks of the gotta-reach-50 crowd (the buy and sell season being upon us) and feeling a little sheepish about posting with an ulterior motive!

Blessings,

Sandy

I'm another long-time lurker who comments from time to time or in mini-spurts. Now I'm joining the ranks of the gotta-reach-50 crowd (the buy and sell season being upon us) and feeling a little sheepish about posting with an ulterior motive!

Blessings,

Sandy

At least you have a motive, ulterior or not. Others of us post all sorts of drivel and silliness without having any compelling reason at all except a deep desire to avoid the laundry. (I'm talking about myself here. Maybe I'm the only one to do this?)

I've lurked from time to time too. I was here way too much so I banned myself from any boards. Hmf. It's so easy to get caught-up in the conversations and enjoy meeting all of the neat people.

It will be nice to get to know many of you again as I spend WAY too much time in front of my computer.:lurk5:

I've lurked from time to time too. I was here way too much so I banned myself from any boards. Hmf. It's so easy to get caught-up in the conversations and enjoy meeting all of the neat people.

It will be nice to get to know many of you again as I spend WAY too much time in front of my computer.:lurk5:

The popcorn too. I love popcorn.

Jenny

I always enjoy reading posts but am never brave enough to post except if I have a question.

With that said, I do have a question as to how under everyone's name they have hive mind etc... I just have one that says just visiting. Is it based on the number of posts or something else?

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that posts so often in her head. :) I read so much but rarely take the time to post my thoughts and opinions. I don't know why. I suppose thinking it takes much less time than to write it. Also, based on my opinion on a few conversations, thinking it and not writing it fuels less of a fire.:D

I have come to the conclusion that the reason I haven't posted often before is that there are so many interesting, resourceful and knowledgeable people here that to post takes time out of my reading! That really makes me sound like a leach, doesn't it?!? But, I can read many more posts, absorbing that knowledge and resourcefulness if I am not composing or replying to one myself. However, I admit...I am one to compose posts in my head also;) I can see how posting gets addicting though...and I thought reading was...oh my!

If I'm going to irritate anyone by posting so many times, I'll try to compensate by posting a few tidbits that may be interesting!

A cute movie I saw recently and liked was No Reservations, it was clean as far as language and adult themes go.

Juno however was the opposite, I was disappointed by the crassness.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been an avid lurker on the boards and am working toward the big 5-0! I find lots of times someone has already said what I would so I just don't bother to add anything. Ironically, I have probably bought over 50 items and the Sale/Swap board- too bad that doesn't count:)