Menu

Summer allergy help?

I've been googling around, & grass was high today. I don't know if that says much, but almost everything describes allergy symptoms as itchy, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, etc. We all get that way in the spring & in Austin; I totally know that kind of allergies.

Summers, though, it's more like I've got an IV of nuclear waste being injected into my shoulders & neck. I get a headache that runs from the exact center of the back of my neck up to my forehead & makes it to where all I can do is just try. to. be. really. really. still.

It's so much worse if I have to go outside for anything, & today we spent the morning picking blueberries. It wasn't that hot--overcast w/ sprinkles off & on, nice breezes--a perfect day, really, esp for Tx. But I started feeling so awful on the way home!

Now I've got a little fever, & I *know* it's just from being outside for a few hrs. It kind-of has the muscle pain of being in cigarette smoke or mowed-lawn, if that makes sense, although there was none of that going on.

If I could figure out what it is & properly medicate/insulate, lol, that would be awesome. Because this much pain makes me really mean. :glare:

We are just north of Austin, and both of my boys are on allergy meds and ended up on abx. They have sinus infections with symptoms just like you described. One son has so much drainage that he has been chocking and gagging for a couple of weeks. We had to give him a xopenex inhaler to help him breathe, and he had never shown any signs of asthma before. This summer is strange indeed, but we did have a harsh winter which made everything grow better this spring and summer. This rain we are getting up here now will only make it worse. *sigh*

Hopefully you find some relief.

No, y'all don't understand.

First, in Tx, you live on Zyrtec or Claritin basically yr round.

Second, this isn't sinuses (I don't think). My face is fine. (Well...sinus-wise, lol.)

It's the *bones* in my forehead & the *muscles* in the *back* of my neck. The sides are fine, except of course for the exploding lymph nodes, but mine are usually messed up.

I haven't tried homeopathic stuff, but...it would be a borderline miracle if I did. I'm cut from a more...*ahem*...synthetic cloth. Sadly.

I usually suffer horridly from allergies. I also get any cold or virus going around and get it three times worse than anyone else. I have been taking 8000 units of vitamin D every day for 5 months. I cannot believe the difference!

I missed 2 days worth of doses last week, and was miserable. The next day, back on the vitamin D, and feeling fine. It is worth a shot......

We had to bump dd15 up to a different antihistamine this spring (she has tree issues, not grass). She was MISERABLE, mean and cranky, short on sleep. Since she has both food and environmental allergies, I took her to her allergist instead of our family doctor. Do you have an allergist? Have you ever been tested?

Poor thing, I just got over something strange like that, although mine made my arms tingle and the sides of my neck flare up. It also could be strange virus going around.

All I could do was rest. I think it might have been nut allergies. I am detoxing off nuts, and so far a lil headache , but nothing serious.

I hope you feel better, and I could never imagine a mean Aubrey.

I'm in your general area. I found Aller-ease helped also, Lisa in Jax mentioned. This homeopathic product contained minute amount of penicillin. I'm allergic to penicillin and was cautious to try it, but I had no reactions and have used it at least five times.

It was made by a Texan doctor for use in Texas specifically.

Our environmental allergy symptoms since moving to TX range the usual (headache, runny nose, sleepy, scratchy throat, etc), not the body aches that you listed.

I've also used Allernone, which is a different manufacturer.

With homeopathic remedies the symptoms are relieved so subtly.

You've gotten great responses, I hope you find something that works. Some grocery and drug stores carry herbal/homeopathic products. Otherwise, you'll have to go to a health food store.:tongue_smilie:

I'm in your general area. I found Aller-ease helped also, Lisa in Jax mentioned. This homeopathic product contained minute amount of penicillin. I'm allergic to penicillin and was cautious to try it, but I had no reactions and have used it at least five times.

It was made by a Texan doctor for use in Texas specifically.

Wow. That gets my attention!