Menu

New Blog

Looks great. I'll be popping in to read you from time to time.

I love the thing about the lottery, btw. I used to work with a guy who loved to say that the lottery was a special tax for people who can't do math. Was there ever a more perfect description of the lottery than that? :)

(No offense meant to anyone who plays, btw. I've been known to buy a ticket or two in my lifetime as well. :))

Loved your list! I've discovered the answer for the "what about the prom?" question--which my friends, with a straight face, ask me about my 13 yos ALL THE TIME. I answer them, "one of the 14 girls who text him on a regular basis will be sure to ask him to a prom, somewhere..." Actually, looks like he'll be playing hockey for a private highschool in Albuquerque and baseball for a public...so I'm sure someone, somewhere will ask him to the prom. Did I go? No, we sat around playing cards and grousing about the proletariat (it was 1970, and we were intellectuals...what can I say?)