Menu

How do I fast track through WWE?

Roxy Roller

I am needing to do some remedial writing with my DC.

My twins are going into Grade 3. I am starting them at Level 1 and doing it as written this year. The long term plan is for them to be finished by sixth, if not sooner, because we are starting to school all year long.

My DS9 will be going into Grade 4. I was thinking about having him do the last 6 or 8 weeks of Level 1 and then moving him into Level 2, to do as written. He would still be finished by sixth grade or so. Will this work? Or should he do the last half of Level 1, maybe every other week?

My DD11 will be going into Grade 6. She has always struggled with just about everything Language Arts related. She only just started reading fluently at the beginning of 5th Grade. I would like her to work in Level 3, but I know she needs to do some of the copywork, before she gets to dictation, because I don't think the visual pattern of the words is there. She has improved tremedously this past year, but her Language Arts skills are still probably at a beginning 5th Grade level. Do I do Level 2 with her, starting her at the last 6 or 8 weeks before moving her into Level 3? Or would it be better to start at week 18 or so of Level 2 and just do it as written, then going into Level 3 as written. Another possibility would be to do both Level 2 and 3 this year, but, every other week. I will also have her doing one level outlines for the first half of the year, and then two level outlines for the last half of the year in history, as well as, summaries, per WTM recommendations.

I would really love to hear from those that have used the program and have BTDT!

:bigear:

Well, I would give them the assessments from each level of WWE and see how they do. If they pass using SWB's criteria, then go on to the next assessment. Do you have Writing FUndamental's book? If so, the assessments are at the end of each year. If not, search at this forum for WWE. Someone posted a pdf link to the assessments from Writing Fundamentals. That's where I would start.

THen for compacting, you can double up. Even in WWE3, the first day is a narration so we do day 1 and day 3 together ie narration and dictation. The other 2 days are narration/dictation from student's own summary. For WWE2, I believe there is a narration day and a copywork day. Do those in the same day. THe next day, do the dictation from the copywork. Then you have one more day of narration/dictation from student's own narration.

Get the hardback WWE textbook, if you don't have it already. For each level there are about 6 weeks worth of assignments. Go through those until they begin to struggle, or are appropriately challenged. That's where you would then place them.

Levels 1 and 2 especially are very easy to accelerate and compact. If you do two lessons a day, five days a week, you can do 2 1/2 weeks worth in one week of school.

Also, if you notice a jump in their abilities and they are no longer being challenged, you could skip ahead a few weeks.

Get the hardback WWE textbook, if you don't have it already. For each level there are about 6 weeks worth of assignments. Go through those until they begin to struggle, or are appropriately challenged. That's where you would then place them.

I love this idea! You are brilliant!

I have the textbook, have listened to all the writing audios and have downloaded all of the pdf's of all four level workbooks. I know about the evaluations, but I was still feeling that placement was still not clear after the evaluations.

I have to think this through, but I think I will just print off the student sheets that correspond with the text samples. I will have my older two kids go through those until they get tough, and print off the remainder of the workbook and go from there!

This has made my day!:party: