Menu

Whats the difference? Abeka readers old and new editions

zbargainmama

Can someone explain to me what the difference is in the Abeka readers between editions? I don't see much of a difference other then the cover and illustrations between the current editions and the editions published before that. What am I missing. Is there more or less content to the book?

I have not seen these but I can tell you that Abeka normally will update editions every so often and the only thing to really change is the cover and sometimes the format. Most of the info is the same. You can call Abeka and ask them specifically if you need to.

I and my siblings went to a Christian school from K-12th grade and my mom kept all of our A Beka readers and most of the textbooks, and I can tell you that they haven't changed much of the readers' content in a very long time. Some books however are new and some books were eliminated. I now only get the supplemental books and novels that weren't around when I was in elementary school (which was in the early 80's). Since my dd 7 flies through the readers easily, I'm only using my old ones that pertain to the topics we're covering elsewhere or are memorable stories I want to share with her.