Menu

Scheduling your literary selections

swimmermom3

While inserting my literary selections into my history schedule, I've encountered a problem. Do you read a work like The Song of Roland which is about a battle that took place in 778 at that point in your history studies or do you read it when it was written down in the form we are familiar with which was in the latter 11th century? Does it matter? If we read it while we cover Charlemagne, it will make more sense presented in context. However, it is a literary product of 3 centuries after the fact. The Song of Roland is just one example. I hope this question makes sense.:tongue_smilie:

Using History Odyssey this year (Middle Ages - Level Two), the literature was scheduled according the time period in which the event took place.

That worked well for us. I am going to do the same thing again with the upcoming school year even though we are not using History Odyssey.

That seems like a simple solution. Some of my reference materials showed them at different times and that threw me. I suspect I will have some of the gaps patchfire mentioned. Although, with the number of selections I have, I don't know how that could be possible.:tongue_smilie:

That seems like a simple solution. Some of my reference materials showed them at different times and that threw me. I suspect I will have some of the gaps patchfire mentioned. Although, with the number of selections I have, I don't know how that could be possible.:tongue_smilie:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Lisa: I can only imagine that a 'gap' in your curric when doing literature-based history still wouldn't allow enough time for what we refer to here as a 'bathroom break.':glare:

istockphoto_3737186-pretty-female-student-surrounded-by-library-books.jpg