Menu

Science for 4th & 6th

Stacey in NY

I am stuck on science! I have everything else planned for next year. I am currently looking at Great Science Adventures, Discovering the Ocean and Invertebrates. Has anyone used these? Did you like them? Is it possible to do 2 books in one year. I thought it would be possible since each tittle has 24 lessons. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185453&highlight=GSA

I have the Oceans one and also the Tools & Technology....... my girls didn't want to do them, but my son is looking forward to the tools one. Hubby is a mechanic and he will be able to work with Dad and that is so cool for him. LOL

There is a ton of cut and coloring with these sets......but I kind of like them... we'll see how it goes in Sept.

I am stuck on science! I have everything else planned for next year. I am currently looking at Great Science Adventures, Discovering the Ocean and Invertebrates. Has anyone used these? Did you like them? Is it possible to do 2 books in one year. I thought it would be possible since each tittle has 24 lessons. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

I have not used these myself, but I've read a number of reviews on them.

They're one of the few science programs that SWB mentions in TWTM. I just checked and she says they take 8-12 weeks to complete each book so you could plan to do 3 in one year.

HTH a bit.