Menu

In search of fifth grade writers!

Okay, people, does anyone want to offer their kid as a guinea pig?

I'm at the point in developing our middle-grade writing curriculum where I'd like to try a few of the lessons on a wider range of kids. My purpose is mostly to see what I'm forgetting--to find out if there are any common errors made that I haven't provided fixes/guidance/edits for.

Right now I'm in search of fifth graders or students who would be using a fifth grade curriculum. I'm interested in good writers, reluctant writers, bored writers, engaged writers, and checked-out writers. :001_smile:

If your kid does more than three assignments for me I'll give you a free PHP book, promise!

If you're interested, e-mail the webmaster (webmaster at welltrainedmind.com) and tell us how old your student is and where, on a scale of 1 to 10, you'd rate the student in terms of 1) ability and 2) enthusiasm.

Hoping to hear from a few of you...and thanks.

SWB

I'm really excited about the middle grade writing program. We've really enjoyed WWE so far. I've sent an email and will gladly offer up my oldest son as a guniea pig. He's been mine over the last 4 years since starting to homeschool, so he's used to it. :tongue_smilie:

Guest Dulcimeramy
You mean I was supposed to ask him first?:ohmy:

:lol:

I almost didn't ask Jonas, but then my eye caught SWB's post again and I saw the word "reluctant" in the list of descriptors. "Oh, yeah," thought I. "He'll be reluctant. Better check." LOL

I'd like to play too. Sarah is 11 but she and Mia used WWEII last school year. She is ADHD and a late bloomer, so she is behind in writing, and this is one area that I find it easier to keep her and her sister together. But I think we'll be skipping level III and moving right to level IV. She took a big leap in both skill and attention span toward the end of the year. Looking forward to checking it out!

Barb

How do you email the webmaster?

I have a rising 5th who doesn't think he wants to write. I am more than happy to use him as a guinea pig ;o)

Thanks, Tani

Edit: Boy do I feel foolish ;o) I figured it out. I think I worked in the sun for much too long today! :)))))

Edited by Tani

I'm in (and the email has been sent)!

I have a buy-one-get-one-free deal! I have a strong writer who just finished fifth grade and a rising fifth grade dyslexic weak writer. Hooray for closely spaced children with completely different learning styles :001_smile:

Hi Susan...I don't know if you are going to check this thread, but I do have a couple of questions.

I have just dicovered your writing program, and I have listened to your audios on writing, bought the Strong Fundamentals book and purchased all four levels of the workbooks downloads. I am in the process of printing them out.

I have struggled with teaching writing, and I want all of my children to do your program. Is there a place that you address how to fast track an older child through the basic four levels? I know about the placement/evaluation tests, but if you have to do back and do more work in an area, do you do the entire year before, or is it better to do every other week, or just back up a few weeks?

I am thrilled that you are continuing the writing series, and I can't wait to see it.

:bigear:

I'm very excited about the prospect of ds10 being in the test group....I am also very excited about a quality writing curriculum being available...

I was so easy on ds on writing last year....I need to buckle down this coming year. And don't even get me started on handwriting...:glare:

I emailed webmaster too.

I explained what we are going to do to my dd and she said "You're using me to get books!" Bwahahahaha! Yes, the plan is working nicely. (never mind that 98% of the books I buy are for my kids or for their benefit.:lol:)

:lol: