Menu

Has anyone made sticky chicken with chicken pieces?

I haven't made it in years, but when I did make sticky chicken, it was always with parts--usually legs and thighs, since it was supposed to be a budget meal. My kids are purists though, and wanted just plain chicken, so I gave it up. I imagine you'd have to adjust time and temp. Did you try looking for a new recipe?

ETA: Try this search:

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=sticky%20chicken

If you can find one that uses the parts you want to use, note the time and temp and make your recipe using the new time and temp. (At least, that's what I'd do :lol:)

OK, this is the second mention of "sticky chicken" I've read in the last 20 minutes, so now I also want to know what sticky chicken is. :)

This was pretty much the recipe I used:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1826,148182-225202,00.html

It's cheap and easy. You can also do it in the crockpot, but no one in my house likes anything I make in the crock, so I don't have a recipe for that one.

I got the idea from this site...so, I just figured "everyone" knew what it was! Smiles!!

The recipe is for making rotisserie-type chicken. There are a few recipes that have a few different ingredients...but, here is one:

4 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons paprika

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1 teaspoon white pepper

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

2 onions, quartered

2 (3-4 pound) whole chickens

Stuff chicken with onions. Mix all the dry ingredients and rub on chicken. Place each chicken in a Ziploc baggie and put in frig over night. In the morning, place chickens in slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

You can also bake these in the oven...but, I use a crock pot.

~Holly