Menu

Beautiful Feet vs. Sonlight for highschool

in general, or are you thinking of a specific time frame.

the 'plus' side to Sonlight is they do add in some 'just for fun' books. Other programs tend to not do this.

My daughter wants to do Modern History and as I compared lists between Sonlight 300 and BF "US and World history from Civil War to Vietnam" I tended slightly more to the BF list. I don't think SL has a solid spine at this level and appreciate using some Hakim and Marrin books for the historical narrative.

just my .02

in general, or are you thinking of a specific time frame.

the 'plus' side to Sonlight is they do add in some 'just for fun' books. Other programs tend to not do this.

My daughter wants to do Modern History and as I compared lists between Sonlight 300 and BF "US and World history from Civil War to Vietnam" I tended slightly more to the BF list. I don't think SL has a solid spine at this level and appreciate using some Hakim and Marrin books for the historical narrative.

just my .02

I was considering the ones you mentioned above. What spined does BF use for Us and World History?

We did BF with ds and I added the entire Hakim series for a spine as opposed to just the few that BF uses. We read 2-3 chapters of Hakim close to every day (except for when we were reading the Marrin books). In other words, when we were reading a more literature type of selection, then we also read Hakim. When reading a biography or historical type book, then we just read the book at a faster clip.