Menu

Tupperware Modular Mates - do you use these?

Do they still have those? I have modular mates from 20-25 years ago! I don't use them for as many things as I did before, but I do still use them. I bought them because we were *professional renters* at the time and I was sick of finding bugs in the food. And, we moved OFTEN and let me tell you, you can pack a kitchen QUICK when you are basically just stacking THOSE in a box! LOL!

Well, I haven't moved in 20 years - looks like I'm going to die in this house, lol. I was thinking of using them to tame one particular cupboard I have which is a large cavernous space above my pantry. The lower section has pull out shelves and lots of narrow shelf storage, but the top part (which is a separate cupboard) is about 4' wide, 2' tall and 2' deep. There are no shelves - just a big open cupboard that is difficult to reach. I need to stand on a step stool to access it easily. It is always a mess because no one takes the time to put things back in order after they take something out. I keep buying things I don't need because stuff hides in the way back and never gets used. Organizing things does not come naturally to me so I just stand there and stare at it, slam the doors shut and try not to think about it.:D Maybe this is just going to be one of those trial and error things.

I use them, and have used them for the past 20 years. I put flour, sugar, powdered sugar, tea bags, corn meal in the square ones and cereal, popcorn and spaghetti in the tall oval ones. I did originally buy round ones and small rectangles, but I rarely use the round ones, and the small rectangle usually holds instant oatmeal packets.

I like them and they last forever! What color lids did you get? Mine are a bright red (just bought those last year) and then I have a medium blue color (from the late'80's).

I have several and love them. The square shaped ones are great for flours and sugar, (started doing that after we got weevils). The oval shaped ones are great for rice, grain and popcorn. What size and shape did you order?

I agonized over this.:D I ended up just buying two of the Rectangular sets. Each one contains one size 4, one size 3, two size 2, and one size 1.

I use them, and have used them for the past 20 years. I put flour, sugar, powdered sugar, tea bags, corn meal in the square ones and cereal, popcorn and spaghetti in the tall oval ones. I did originally buy round ones and small rectangles, but I rarely use the round ones, and the small rectangle usually holds instant oatmeal packets.

I like them and they last forever! What color lids did you get? Mine are a bright red (just bought those last year) and then I have a medium blue color (from the late'80's).

I got the blue lids - kind of a dark royal blue. My kitchen is blue and yellow.

It is helpful to just hear what others keep in theirs - that will give me ideas of what to use them for.

Everyone in the family contributes to this problem. One thing is taken out, and then not put back correctly, and it just snowballs from there.

I think that one of the keys to good organization is to have many shelves so that things don't have to be stacked very much. I would start with that, personally.