Menu

Using Wii for exercise

I use Dance Dance Revolution. It's so much fun. I've had various versions since my ps2 a number of years back. It's the best way for me to exercise, since I can leave it out, do it for as long as I can and come back to it easily once I rest.

DD (4.5) can't really do it yet. How old are your kids? My daughter likes the wii sports games, and since she moves around sooooooooooooooo much playing them (you'd think she was really on a tennis court!!) she gets a pretty good workout from them.

We have a couple of dance games the kids like, but it is still more play than exercise. I do have a no sitting for video games rule though! I make them play standing up. It makes them more active when playing and it keeps them from wanting to play too long.

Guest Alte Veste Academy

We use the Wii Fit but their absolute favorite (and the best for them really working up a sweat) is the Active Life Outdoor Challenge. It is wonderful for freezing days in the winter and sweltering days in the summer. :001_smile:

My 5 year old loves Active Life Outdoor Challenge. DDR is too complicated for her though, we tried it when she was 4.5 as well. Maybe it would be okay now...

I just realized I have Wii Sports Resort and haven't tried it out yet.

My 5 year old loves Active Life Outdoor Challenge. DDR is too complicated for her though, we tried it when she was 4.5 as well. Maybe it would be okay now...

I just realized I have Wii Sports Resort and haven't tried it out yet.

My daughter always really, really wants to play DDR when she sees me playing. I put her in workout mode and let her play, since in that mode it won't kick you off if you mess up too much. She knows she isn't doing too well, but she has fun trying!!

Guest Alte Veste Academy

For those of you who use Just Dance and DDR, how are the songs for young kids? I know my dd in particular would love the dance games but I'm worried about mature themes in the music. I don't want any "sexy" or "hot" or anything else for that matter. I bought Walk It Out recently and was sad about the music. The very first song that came up was all about sexy. The game has a music selection feature and a toddler category so I had high hopes but that category only had 3 songs! Are you kidding me? How long can someone walk to I'm Walking on Sunshine without going insane?

Anyway, just wondering about song settings on the dancing games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.