Menu

do you do report cards for special learners?

Deep breath! What they are looking for is some evidence of current academic progress. You can explain that you don't issue traditional grades, and then proceed to give a short narrative of what his current function is for each subject area- bullet point format, rather than sentence format is easiest for busy professionals to scan.

For instance:

Spelling: currently working in 2nd grade curriculum x,y,z, on concepts x,y,z including words such as A, B, C. (replacing the letters with the actual information).

Math: currently working in 4th grade curriculum X, on concepts A, B, C.

Does your state require any annual testing? WA requires annual testing starting at age 8, so when I had my dc tested I had a few years of progress levels to show. Also I found they really wanted someone in addition to parents filling out some of the forms so we asked looked for people who spend some time on a regular basis such as Awana leaders, Sunday school teachers, tutors, piano teachers, or scout leaders. I found once they learned they were homeschooled they relaxed on some of the requirements.