Menu

Dansko shoes--good or bad?

I have a narrow foot with a very high arch and I love my Dansko clogs. They are designed to fit loosely and the foot is supposed to move up and down in them. When this happens, don't think the shoes don't fit. I walked all over Italy in Danskos and my feet never bothered me.

I have a narrow foot with a very high arch and I love my Dansko clogs. They are designed to fit loosely and the foot is supposed to move up and down in them. When this happens, don't think the shoes don't fit. I walked all over Italy in Danskos and my feet never bothered me.

It wasn't the motion, it was the rubbing. They really don't fit me. I do better in Privo (not clogs), most Merrills (inc clogs), and few other brands. Part of it was the position of the arch, it didn't support my foot right. I have wanted to like them, but they just aren't right for me.

I have only worn Danskos for about 8 years. The last pair I bought went defective and squeak like I am trudging through water. I found out that Dansko split off with another company called Sanita. Sanita got to keep the foot bed design and Dansko had to make a new one. Danskos are now made in China while Sanita is still made in Europe. I no longer buy Danskos.

http://www.eurowalking.com/Dansko_Sanita_Information_s/56.htm

I got a pair last year since I was working the entire month of December, going up and down five flights of stairs and being on my feet (on concrete) over 12 hours/day.

My feet and back never felt better. Never sore or anything!

Today, I still wear then out and about. Love them!

My Dansko shoes are a lifesaver.

Guest ToGMom

I have a pair of Dansko "Mary Janes"...I have a very wide foot with a high arch and high instep. They are pretty comfy except the strap is a little tight over the top of my foot. They are pretty new and I probably haven't worn them enough to break them in.

Other than that, my Danskos and my SuperBirkies are my favorite shoes...

I adore them. I've had 3 pair of professionals in 14 years -- my current pair are red patent leather.

Only one problem: once you wear them you will never want to wear heels again... and I haven't!

PS My DH was the first in our family to get them. He has had 4 pair...he just loves them after a long day in combat boots. Sooooo soothing and comfortable.

I did it...I ordered the Bluberry ones from Amazon. My very, very sweet husband surprised me today and told me to buy everything in my Amazon card...I thought he was kidding. :001_huh: He wasn't. :D I ordered $800 of things that were on my wist list ...oh my goodness...I'm so blessed and can't wait for them to arrive. We are going to have an awesome school year!!!:D:D